OverviewLearn one of Japan’s most popular culinary arts, sushi-making, during this afternoon class in Osaka. You'll churn out rolls like a pro under the guidance of a local professional and licensed chef. After the 2.5-hour lesson, enjoy dinner with your small group, which is limited to eight people to ensure an intimate experience. Upgrade to include a sampling of Japanese sake (rice wine) or local beer.
Know More about this tourMeet your professional instructor, a licensed chef, at Nishikujo station in Osaka and walk to a nearby home where your 2.5-hour sushi-making lesson takes place.
Watch as your instructor prepares sushi rice, followed by a demo on how to make sushi the professional way, which includes rolling sashimi (thinly sliced raw fish) and other fresh ingredients into dried seaweed called nori. When it's your turn, enjoy plenty of practice using the various fillings and techniques that your chef shares with the group.
Once you complete your hands-on lesson, gather with your fellow sushi connoisseurs to bite into the rolls, which are served alongside miso soup, a Japanese omelet and other snacks. After eating, learn how to makeTaiyaki for dessert. Upgrade to pair local sake and Osaka-brewed beer with your dishes. You can enjoy six tastings of Japanese sake, or four types of sake and one bottle of local beer.
When youve had your fill, your tour concludes back at Nishikujo station.
Inclusions for Sushi Cooking Class In Osaka
- All ingredients for cooking
- English-speaking cooking instructor
- Sake and/or beer tasting (if option selected)
Exclusions for Sushi Cooking Class In Osaka
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers, except for age 2 years and under
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Sake/beer sampling options: Option 1 - Osaka Local sake tasting (6 different sake served in sake cup); Option 2 - Osaka local sake and beer (4 different sake served in a sake cup and 1 bottle - 330ml of Osaka local beer)
Please arrive 10 minutes early. If you are late the class will be cancelled and you will not be refunded
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.