OverviewSuzhou and Zhouzhuang are entitled as the Garden City or Oriental Venice. Come and see the beauty of Suzhou and Zhouzhuang in this day tour, which is the best way to appreciate these two picturesque water towns. During this tour, you will visit the Master of Nets Garden, Panmen Ancient City Wall, Double Bridge, and more! Lunch and attraction entrance fees are included.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and group at meeting point in the morning, and start your full day tour to beautiful Suzhou and Zhouzhuang from Shanghai.
Firstly, you will visit the Master of Nets Garden, which is the famous garden survived from the Song Dynasty. Then continue to visit Panmen and ancient city wall.
After lunch stop over the silk mill where you can learn the whole process of silk breeding to cocoon weaving. In the afternoon, drive to Zhouzhuang which is well known for its peaceful environment and old architectures. A boat ride is highly recommended (at your own cost), which is the most relaxing way to experience this water village! After tour is finished, you will be transferred back to Shanghai city.
Mater of the Nets Garden
It was first constructed in 1140 by Shi Zhengzhi the Deputy Civil Service Minister of theSouthern Song Dynasty government.The Master of the Nets is particularly regarded among garden connoisseurs for its mastering the techniques of relative dimension, contrast, foil, sequence and depth, and borrowed scenery.
Panmen Ancient City Wall &The Grand Canal
The last city wall with two gates which is well protected: Weng Gate and Water Gate. It was built in 514 BC.It is more than 2500 years old till now.The Grand Canal from Beijing to Hang Zhou is the longest and oldest canal in the world. It helps a lot with of the development of economy and culture and communication between south china and north china which is as famous as The Great Wall.
Silk is a natural protein fibre, some forms of which can be woven into textiles which is reputed to be the queen of fabrics. China is the hometown of silk and it is popular for light, lustrous and durable.
Zhouzhuang Water Village
Zhouzhuang is Located in Jiangsu Province. it is a popular tourist destination and one of the most famous water townships in China, noted for its profound cultural background, the well preserved ancient residential houses, the elegant watery views and the strong local colored traditions and customs. It has been called the "Venice of the East".
Built by Xu's family in the Zhengtong era (14361449) of the Ming Dynasty and bought by Zhang's family in the early Qing Dynasty. Zhang House is a dapper and graceful residential house; has a tranquil courtyard and pond. Deep halls all represent the life of the quondam owner.
The Twin Bridges, which comprise of Shide Bridge and Yongan Bridge, are the most famous and are considered the symbol of Zhouzhuang. Built in the Wanli era (15731619) of the Ming Dynasty. The Twin Bridges look like an old-style Chinese key.
Inclusions for Suzhou And Zhouzhuang One Day Tour From Shanghai
- The scenic spots as mentioned in the itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Selected hotel pickup (Pudong Sheraton Hotel; Grand Hyatt Shanghai; Le Royal Meridien Hotel; Hilton Shanghai)
Exclusions for Suzhou And Zhouzhuang One Day Tour From Shanghai
- River cruise at Zhouzhuang
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.