Svínafellsjökull Glacier Small-Group Hike From SkaftafellWrite a Review
On this adventurous, small-group, glacier hike from Skaftafell - VatnajÃ¶kull National Park, you'll explore the majestic glacial landscape of SvÃnafellsjÃ¶kull Glacier.Â You will be provided with crampons and ice axes, and an experienced, certified glacier guide will teach you how to use the equipment before you step on to the ice. During your 4-hour tour, you will hike into the glacier valley between the summits of HvannadalshnÃºkur and HrÃºtsfjall, traversing zones of different glacial formations. The tour is of moderate difficulty, andÂ to ensure a personal experience, groups are limited to 8 participants. Choose from the following departure times when booking: 9am, 9:30am, 1pm, and 1:30pm.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All necessary equipment included
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour tour will start at Icelandic Mountain Guides Sales Lodge in Skaftafell - VatnajÃ¶kull National Park, located next to the national park visitor center. There you will check in at the sales desk, meet your guide, and get geared up with proper equipment for your 4-hour glacier walk on SvÃnafellsjÃ¶kull Glacier. You will be equipped with an ice axe, helmet, harness, and crampons. When you are ready, you can step onto the mini-bus that will take you to the glacier.Â The drive to SvÃnafellsjÃ¶kull Glacier takes about 10 minutes; in the meantime, you can enjoy the mountain scenery, including Hvannadalshnukur, the highest summit of Iceland.
At the glacier,Â your guide will give you a safety orientation and teach you how to use the glacier gear you were provided with. Then, ice axe in hand, step onto the glacier and follow your guide past ice formations such as ice sculptures, tunnels, and seracs.Â Explore the dramatic landscape as you hike for 3 hours past mazes of ice and deep blue crevasses along the glacier. With insight from your guide, youâll understand the various geological forces at play, and learn about the history and folklore of the region.Â Enjoy plenty of photo opportunities of this unparalleled landscape before you re-board the mini-bus for the ride back to town.
Inclusions for Svínafellsjökull Glacier Small-Group Hike From Skaftafell
- Guided glacier hike on Svínafellsjökull Glacier
- All necessary glacier gear
- Certified glacier guide
- Small-group tour
- Transport to glacier by minibus
Exclusions for Svínafellsjökull Glacier Small-Group Hike From Skaftafell
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Extra clothing can be rented: hiking boots 1.500 ISK and rain gear 1.000 ISK per item
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Age: Minimum 14
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please bring warm clothing, rain gear, gloves, and hiking boots
Extra clothing can be rented: hiking boots 1.500 ISK and rain gear 1.000 ISK per item
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.