Do I need any outdoor experience?
- Is this trip for me?
Moderate to good fitness and agility is required. The degree of difficulty and the precise route is carefully chosen to fulfill the desires and physique of the group itself.
This trip is graded as medium.
- Minimum age: reccomended minimum age is 10 years.
Season & Availability
May - September. In winter season the glacier is totally covered with snow.
Terrain, distance and elevation
- Terrain: After leaving the shuttle boat, there is a bicycle ride approx. 3 km along a flat gravel road. Then 1.5 km steady, well-graded uphill walking for 1 h to reach the glacier. The route follows paths, some parts in a bit rugged terrain and slabs with no trails.
- Total length: 4.5 km each way to reach the glacier (3 km bicycling, 1.5 km hiking). Not to forget the distance from Bod, 160 km.
- Elevation: tarting point is 2 metres above sea level. Maximum elevation on the glacier will be no more than 4 500 m a.s.l.
- Bring your own hiking boots
- Personal clothing: 3 4 layers of varm upper body clothing, gloves, a varm cap.
- Raincoats may be suitable if rain. Jeans are not recommended on wet days as they become very cold and uncomfortable to wear.
- Sunglasses and sun protection is important even if cloudy.
- A day pack is useful and a drink and snacks are nice to have.
- Be sure to bring your camera!
We will provide
- Specialized glacier gear: helmet, harness, ice axe and crampons for superior glacier grip.
- A knowledgeable, english speaking guide with a sense of humour and passion for this area.
Group size - We prefer small groups
- Typical group size for our trips range from 2 to 10 (15). We prefer to keep the group size as small as possible for these trips, which improves the experience for the participants and guide alike.
- Larger groups may request booking this trip. In such cases, we divide the group into smaller groups, each of which will be accompanied by their own guide. NB: We dont mix private group trips with solo travellers.
- What is the minimum number of participants? To run this tour, a minimum of two people must book. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked on an alternative date or receiving a full refund.