OverviewSee a variety of wildlife on a swamp boat ride and explore an authentic southern plantation on this tour from New Orleans. See alligators, egrets, raccoons and snakes during your ride around a private Louisiana swamp after taking a tour of Destrehan Plantation, the oldest documented French Colonial style house in the Lower Mississippi Valley.
Know More about this tourYour tour will begin with a tour with a 1.5-hour visit to Destrehan Plantation, where you will learn the history of the Destrehan family sugar dynasty, see a Slave Revolt Museum that dates back to 1811, and admire the architecture of a French Colonial style plantation.
After your plantation tour, take a comfortable coach in central New Orleans and ride across the Mississippi River to Manchac Swamp, where you'll board your custom-built, covered boat. This Louisiana swamp is privately owned so you'll be able to take in your fascinating surroundings with fewer distractions.
In addition to sharing some local history, your guide will explain why wetlands like this one are disappearing and what's being done to save them. Feel free to walk around your boat to capture photos of the swamp's abundant wildlife, including alligators, egrets, raccoons, snakes, and nutria -- a giant rodent.
Your 5.5-hour tour of Louisiana's colorful scenery and history concludes at its starting point in New Orleans.
Inclusions for Swamp Boat Ride And Southern Plantation Tour From New Orleans
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Narrated round-trip transportation
- Guided tour of plantation home
- Local Taxes
Exclusions for Swamp Boat Ride And Southern Plantation Tour From New Orleans
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
In order to help protect the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point -- just a short stroll from most downtown hotels.
Wheelchair Access: If the guest needs a wheelchair lift equipped bus, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
Alternate Routes: Due to uneven and narrow paths, alternate routes may be necessary for guests traveling in wheelchairs.
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.