Take a ride on the Bernina Express, Switzerland's alpine delight. This train journey takes you along one of the most beautiful railway routes in the world – now a UNESCO World Heritage Site – through the Bernina Pass to the exclusive resort of St Moritz at the ‘Top of the World.’ Enjoy a round-trip scenic coach trip and ride a bright red rail car, passing unrivaled landscapes amid the towering peaks of the Swiss Alps, including time to spend in charming Tirano and St Mortiz.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Led by a local guide
- Rail Tour
Know More about this tourWhat better way to enjoy the breathtaking scenery of Switzerland and the Alps year-round than a ride on the Bernina Express? Known as the âLittle Red Train,â the Bernina Express was built more than 100 years ago to scale the majestic mountain landscapes of the Swiss Alps. This historical feat of engineering still climbs up the 7,330-foot (2,235-meter) high Bernina Pass along a UNESCO World Heritage-listed route.
Depart by comfortable coach from Milan at 7am and enjoy a scenic bus tour to the Swiss town of Tirano, situated at the foothills of the Alps. Pass mountain streams and forested hills against a backdrop of steep, snow-capped peaks. When you arrive in Tirano at approximately 10:30am, youâll have free time to explore before boarding the train.
Your rail journey starts amid the palms and oleanders of northern Italy, taking you over the spiraling viaduct at Brusio and through the Bernina Pass into Engadin, arriving in St Moritz 2.5 hours later. Along the way you'll pass wild gorges and icy glaciers, cross soaring bridges and shoot through loop tunnels.
This north-south alpine crossing offers eye-catching vistas of stunning scenery from your rail car. Capture photographic views of the Alps and its glacial lakes, and look out your window to watch the bright red train curve against a snow-speckled landscape (if traveling in winter). Youâll see impressive alpine valleys, lakes and waterfalls at almost every turn!
When you arrive at the exclusive resort of St Moritz, disembark and spend about 1.5 hours in town. Flanking the shore of a beautiful lake in the middle of the Upper Engadin, St Mortiz offers an array of attractions and is famous for its winter sports as well as polo, golf, cricket and tennis. Set out on foot to discover the townâs elegance, perhaps stopping for lunch (own expense) or visiting a chocolatier before departing by coach at 4:30pm and arriving in Milan around 7:30pm.
Inclusions for Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour From Milan
- Bernina Express ticket (2nd class)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour From Milan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.