Take a ride on the Bernina Express, the iconic red Swiss mountain train, along one of the world’s most spectacular railway routes, an UNESCO world heritage site.Travel across the Swiss Alps along the Bernina Pass to the exclusive resort of St. Moritz; the 'Top of the World' then enjoy free time to explore the glamorous mountain town before your return to Milan.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Rail Tour
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourYour journey on “the Little red Train” starts amid the palms of Tirano, northern Italy, taking you with ease over the spiraling Brusio viaduct and through the Bernina Pass (2253 metres above the sea level) into the Engadin Valley before arriving at St. Moritz. Along the way you'll pass wild gorges and icy glaciers, cross soaring bridges and shoot through loop tunnels.
This north-south Alpine crossing offers breathtaking views and stunning scenery as you travel over boldly curved viaducts and through winding tunnels. After 2.5 hours on board, watch the scenery change from windswept gorges and snow-clad glaciers to the chic chalets of St Moritz.
Hop off the train to enjoy roughly 1.5 hours of free time in the exclusive resort of St. Moritz, stopping at Swizerland’s best chocolate house (food and drink at your own expensese) and enjoy free time to explore the ‘Top of the World’ before returning to Milan by air-conditioned coach. Your tour of Northern Italy and Switzerland finishes with a drop-off at the start point.
Inclusions for Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour From Milan With Hotel Pick Up
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Second-class train ticket
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour From Milan With Hotel Pick Up
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Please note: you must notify the local tour operator about your hotel details at time of booking, by selecting one of the available hotels from the drop down menu at the check out. Failure to notify your hotel details at this time will result in an automatic cancellation of your reservation
Hotel pickup can be done only if you are a guest of the hotel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.