Swiss Alps Day Trip From Lucerne: Jungfraujoch And Bernese Oberland
OverviewVenture from Lucerne through the Swiss Alps to the highest point in Europe! On this unforgettable day trip with a multi-lingual guide, travel by coach through the Bernese Oberland region to Interlaken, and then take a cogwheel train ride to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jungfraujoch mountain pass. Gaze upon the Alpine wonderland from the Top of Europe building and walk through the tunnels of a glacier at the Ice Palace. This is sure to be a highlight of your Switzerland vacation!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourHead to the Lucerne Tourist Information Office in the morning to board your luxury coach. Your multilingual guide who speaks English, Spanish and German will accompany you throughout your entire full-day journey. Sit back, relax and enjoy the scenic drive through Swiss countryside and the Bernese Oberland, a fairy-tale wonderland of white jagged Bernese Alps. The scenery is truly captivating, and it only gets better from here!
After a 1-hour drive, stop for a break in the famous town of Interlaken, situated between two lakes to form the main gateway to the region's mountains and lakes. Then, head to the nearby village of Grindelwald to board your cogwheel train for an incredible 1.5-hour ride to Jungfraujoch. Travel through the high mountain pass of Kleine Scheidegg between the Eiger, Mnch and Jungfrau peaks.
When you arrive at Jungfraujoch at an elevation of 11,332 feet (3,454 meters), youve reached one of Europe's highest railway stations! Jungfraujoch immerses you in a breathtaking Alpine wonderland.
Take the underground tunnel to the Top of Europe building and stand on the lookout point to gaze down on the snowy peaks of Aletsch Glacier. Ride the elevator to the Sphinx Observatory's terrace for more amazing panoramas, and then enter the Ice Palace to walk through the heart of a glacier; it's an unforgettable experience!
Enjoy a meal or some refreshments at one of the several restaurants at the Top of Europe (own expense). Savor your last views before boarding the train and heading back down to mountains, passing the ski resort of Wengen. Disembark in Lauterbrunnen, reboard your coach and relax on the drive back to Lucerne.
Inclusions for Swiss Alps Day Trip From Lucerne: Jungfraujoch And Bernese Oberland
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Round-trip cogwheel train to Jungfraujoch
Exclusions for Swiss Alps Day Trip From Lucerne: Jungfraujoch And Bernese Oberland
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Warm clothing and sturdy shoes recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Lucerne City Walking Tour
- Independent Mount Rigi Tour from Lucerne Including Lake Lucerne Cruise
- Mount Titlis Eternal Snow Half-Day Trip from Lucerne
- Lucerne Swiss Museum of Transport Entrance Ticket
- 1.5-Hour Small-Group Nightwatchman Walk in Medieval Lucerne
- Mount Pilatus Photography Day Tour
- Lake Lucerne Panoramic Sightseeing Cruise
- Swiss Chocolate Adventure Experience at Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne