Day Trip To Swiss Alps From Zurich: Jungfraujoch And Bernese Oberland
OverviewSure to be a highlight of your Switzerland vacation, this day trip from Zurich takes you into the Swiss Alps. Discover Jungfraujoch, one of the highest points in Europe, travel by coach with a multilingual guide through the Bernese Oberland region, and enjoy a stop in the famous town of Interlaken along the way. Board a cogwheel train in Grindelwald for a ride to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Jungfraujoch mountain pass, where an Alpine wonderland of spectacular mountains and glaciers awaits.
- Day trip from Zurich takes you into the Swiss Alps.
- Cogwheel train ride from Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch, one of the highest points in Europe Multilingual guided tour in Zurich
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourHead to Sihlquai Bus Terminal near Zurich train station in the morning to meet your multilingual guide who speaks English, Spanish and German and board your luxury coach. Then, relax on the scenic drive through the Bernese Oberland countryside.
Youll feel as if youve entered a fairy tale as you stare at the sheer beauty of the white jagged mountains above Bern, a range known as the Bernese Alps. The scenery is truly mesmerizing, and it only gets better!
Arrive about two hours later in Interlaken for a quick break. This famous town is situated between two lakes, Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, and serves as the main transport gateway to the region's mountains and lakes.
Continue to the nearby village of Grindelwald, where youll board the cogwheel train for a spectacular 1.5-hour ride via the Kleine Scheidegg high mountain pass to Jungfraujoch, a famous mountain pass between the Mnch and Jungfrau peaks. Youll be treated to stunning views of the world-famous triple peaks of Eiger, Mnch and Jungfrau along the way.
After your journey, disembark at Jungfraujoch, one of Europe's highest railway stations! Standing at an elevation of approximately 11,332 feet (3,454 meters), Jungfrauoch immerses you in an Alpine wonderland of ice, snow and rock.
Follow your guide to the Top of Europe building, adjacent to the station accessible by an underground tunnel. At the lookout point, gaze down on the snowy peaks of Aletsch Glacier, spread out in front of you. Then, take the elevator to Sphinx Observatory for more incredible vistas from the terrace. Don't forget to walk through the tunnels of the Ice Palace, located in the heart of the glacier; it's an unforgettable experience!
The Top of Europe has several restaurants where you can enjoy a meal or some refreshments (own expense). After your time here, board the train and descend down the mountains. Pass the ski resort of Wengen and disembark in Lauterbrunnen. Finally, reboard your coach for the return drive to Zurich.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Swiss Alps From Zurich: Jungfraujoch And Bernese Oberland
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Round-trip cogwheel train ride to Jungfraujoch
Exclusions for Day Trip To Swiss Alps From Zurich: Jungfraujoch And Bernese Oberland
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Warm clothing and sturdy shoes recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.