OverviewA combination of exercise and relaxation for a perfect day, a 3-4 hour, 40 km/24 mile ride using a power-assisted Flyer electric bike that most people with a normal level of physical fitness and stamina" can do, combined with a scenic two-hour boat cruise back to Lucerne.
Ride along mostly off-road paths and trails on a ridge trail with with magnificent views overlooking the lake and the surrounding mountains. You'll go through beautiful countryside, green forest land, and neatly cultivated farmland. Walk in William Tells footsteps at the Hohle Gasse, and learn more about Switzerlands great hero and his enduring significance to the country today.
As you wander off-road paths and back-roads to Brunnen, you'll visit the Victorinox retail store and Swiss Knife Valley Visitor Center. Here you'll get to witness the assembly of your own Swiss army knife. This is the only place in the world where you can do this.
- All necessary equipment included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Starting at the Lucerne train station at 8:15am, you will get your Flyer electric bike and helmet. When everyone is ready, you will ride through town before a short sharp uphill stretch that rewards your efforts with magnificent views over the city, the lake and the surrounding mountains (30 mins). This tour is a great alternative to hiking, or if you have teenage children, or like to bike and want to see as much as you can in a day enjoying beautiful scenery. There is a bonus a the end of this tour: at the only place where you can assemble your own engraved Swiss army knife.
As you continue on a ridge path you will overlook the local golf course, then proceed through a forest and neatly cultivated farmland. Next, you'll cruise downhill to lake level and on to the Hohle Gasse, where where you hear and see the William Tell story told by a unique audio-visual presentation (30 minutes).
Take a break in a picturesque lakeside settlement of wooden chalets, for about 30 minutes before continuing alongside more lakes and then meandering up through orchard farmland, past a busy railway junction and a nature wetland area. Ride on the outer edge of a little lake with a minuscule island that hosts a first-class restaurant accessible only by boat.
Back roads take you finally to the end point of Brunnen in time for lunch at a restaurant or a picnic (1-2 hrs) before visiting the Victorinox Swiss Army Knife Visitor Centre where you can assemble your knife (reservation in advance is essential) and wander around the pretty town for about 30 minutes before returning with your bike by Lake Lucerne steamer for a relaxing two-hour boat ride back to Lucerne where you will return the bikes and helmets to the depot.
You reach Lucerne either at around 5pm or 6pm, depending on which boat you take.
Inclusions for Swiss Army Knife Valley Bike Tour With Lake Lucerne Boat Cruise
- Full day use of Swiss Flyer e-bike including a helmet and extra battery pack
- For children under 16, regular country bikes are used; hire of helmet is included
- Hohle Gasse and Swiss Army Knife Visitor Center visits
- A standard Swiss Army Knife which you may have engraved for personalization (details to be given in advance)
- Two hour boat cruise on Lake Lucerne
- English speaking guide throughout
Exclusions for Swiss Army Knife Valley Bike Tour With Lake Lucerne Boat Cruise
- Food and drinks
- All item of a personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Not recommended for child aged 14 and under unless physically fit for length of ride on a regular bicycle
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.