Delve into the supernatural side of Sydney on an evening walking tour that sheds light on the city's spooky past. During a leisurely 1.5-hour walk around The Rocks district and its environs, learn from an insider guide about spine-tingling hauntings, famous ghosts, lingering mysteries and paranormal phenomena. Hear about the historical context for the city’s ghoulish stories throughout this entertaining and informative tour.
Know More about this tourMake your way to The Rocks neighborhood to meet your guide at the historic Observer Hotel, and then set off on your walking tour through the haunted streets of Sydney.
As daytime the crowds disappear and evening takes over, hidden parts of the city come alive. Listen to the footsteps your group echo off the darkened pavement as your guide takes you back in time to the 1800s, when The Rocks was known as a hangout for sailors and prostitutes. A street gang called the Rocks Push was notorious for robbing and assaulting unfortunate souls.
Hear about ghosts who are said to pursue those who double-crossed them in the past, and listen to stories about the paranormal unrest stirred up in the city’s former opium dens and sly-grog shops (where cheap liquor was sold on the sly). Dig into unsolved mysteries and murders that have troubled the city for centuries, and learn how these tales connect to Sydney locations like the Harbour Bridge, Dawes Point, Atherden Street, Susannah Place and the Orient Hotel.
You'll cover a little more than 1 mile (about 2 km) of eerie territory, proceeding at an easy pace with plenty of stops for discussion and photo ops. The tour ends with return to the starting point.
Inclusions for Sydney Ghost Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Live commentary
Exclusions for Sydney Ghost Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable shoes, as this is a walking tour
Minimum age is 8 years old
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.