Visit the Sydney Observatory for one of its afternoon shows in the Planetarium or Space Theatre, which include a short movie about space and astronomy and a telescope viewing of the sun or a city landmark, depending on weather. The Planetarium session also provides a taste of what will be visible in the sky later that night. All ages are welcome during this family-friendly experience. Select a tour time when booking.
- Family friendly
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Small group ensures personal service
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Arrive at the Sydney Observatory for your selected showtime in the Planetarium.
You'll watch a short movie about space and astronomy, and enjoy a telescope viewing from one of the telescope domes. Depending on the weather on the day of your tour, you can safely view the sun through solar telescopes, seeing any spots and flares on the sun that day, or view a Sydney landmark through a modern computerized telescope. If you're in a Planetarium session, you'll also hear a bit about what will be visible in the sky that night.
The 4:15 session also includes a new Australian documentary called 'Capturing the Cosmos.' All sessions last approximately 30 minutes. Tours are led by qualified astronomers who are happy to answer any questions about space. The specific program of movies may vary for operational reasons.
Inclusions for Sydney Observatory Astronomy Daytime Tour
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Sydney Observatory Astronomy Daytime Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required; the passenger must have their own carer
Telescope viewings are subject to weather conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.