Sydney Private Tour Historic Places Darlinghurst And East SydneyWrite a Review
The district containing Darlinghurst and East Sydney is one of the oldest in Australia, dating back to the early nineteenth century. It was settled just a few years after the landing by the British First Fleet at Sydney Cove. On this tour, you will come across magnificent examples of every kind of Australian architecture, including the mind blowing convict built sandstone gaol and court house, together with scores of restaurants, bars and cafes nestled along streets lined by historic houses and beautiful apartment buildings.
- Hear fascinating tales of the rise of crime gangs in the last century on the mean streets of Sydney.
- This tour was developed in conjunction with one of Sydney's leading heritage architects.
- Absorb special knowledge of architecture, local history and crime stories.
- Get a little more acquainted with food & wine from this unique private tour.
Know More about this tour
We'll begin in Darlinghurst and explore the convict built nineteenth century gaol (open Monday to Friday) and the court house where public hangings occurred in the nineteenth centure. And we'll view some of the magnificent original buildings of St Vincent's Hospital.
Then we'll walk deeper into Darlinghurst, along streets lined with historic houses and apartment buildings, past scores of the best cafes and restaurants in Sydney (and we can stop for a coffee if you wish).
Then down into East Sydney, AKA 'Razorhurst', which was the notorious 'underbelly' of Sydney life from the nineteen twenties to the seventies.
Along the way I'll tell you stories of the fascinating social, artistic and crime history of this area and about many of the magnificent buildings and notorious places you'll see.
This area is part of the movie making capital of Australia, so we will pass by the historic mansion housing some of Baz Luhrmann's production facilities (they've recently produced 'The Great Gatsby').
Inclusions for Sydney Private Tour Historic Places Darlinghurst And East Sydney
- My services as your private, local, knowledgable guide.
Exclusions for Sydney Private Tour Historic Places Darlinghurst And East Sydney
* Souvenirs and other personal expenses.
* Food and beverages.
* Transportation-related expenses.
* Any additional hours with Tour Guide
** NOTE **
Taxis between your cruise ship or hotel and the tour start and end points in Darlinghurst. Distance is just a few kilometres and takes around 10 minutes depending on your location.
Estimated Local Cash Needed:
25 A$ - Cash for a taxi for up to 4 people from your hotel or wharf location to the starting point of this tour. Taxis can usually be put on credit cards, but some don't take cards. There are also buses and trains available, which cost less.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.