OverviewDiscover the Sicilian city of Syracuse on a 3-hour city Segway tour! On a self-balancing electric Segway, explore Syracuse’s island neighborhood of Ortygia with a local expert guide. Connected to the mainland by bridges, Ortygia feels more like a city in its own right with a fascinating collection of ancient sights to be seen. Glide around ruins of ancient Greek city walls, see the Fountain of Aretusa and stop for photos in Piazza del Duomo. Before finishing your tour, cross a bridge back to central Syracuse to see the famous Our Lady of Tears Sanctuary – have your camera ready!
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Syracuse port, and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel at ease, you’ll start weaving away from the seafront toward Piazza Pancali. One of the largest cities in the ancient world, Syracuse has a staggering collection of ancient Greek relics, and you’ll find many of them in Ortygia.
Glide alongside the ruins of ancient Greek walls that were built by Dionysius the Great, and see Apollo Temple in Piazza Pancali, while hearing tales of Syracuse under Corinthian, Roman and Byzantine rule.
Explore Ortygia’s main street, Corso Matteotti, and continue to Piazza Archimede to see the Fountain of Aretusa -- a carving of the Greek goddess’ maiden that’s pumped out waters since ancient times. Admire the square’s Gothic palaces and then head along Via Roma to discover the delights of Piazza del Duomo – Syracuse’s dazzling center square. Pose for photos in front of the colonnaded Duomo, and marvel at the square’s other captivating attractions: 17th-century Archbishop’s Palace, the Palace of Beneventano del Bosco and Il Lucertolone – the City Hall.
Continue to Arethusa Spring and then follow the road from the port up the hill to Castle Maniace – a lavish white citadel that perches on the side of the city. Glide around the castle walls, admiring the buildings’ façade set against the dazzling blue sea, and then cross Umberto Bridge to reach mainland Syracuse. See Our Lady of Tears Sanctuary – a captivating building designed to evoke a large teardrop – and pass the Catacombs of San Giovanni.
Before returning to the start point, enjoy views of Parco Archeologico della Neapolis, where most of Syracuse’s most important ruins are housed. Look out for the Ear of Dionysius and the incredible Roman amphitheater – created at the time of Emperor Augustus. Your tour then finishes back at the start point.
Inclusions for Syracuse Segway Tour
- Segway tour
- 30-minute orientation session
- Headphones to hear your guide clearly
- Use of helmet (optional)
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
Exclusions for Syracuse Segway Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 16 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.