Table Mountain Private Hike Tour Of Kasteelpoort Route From Cape TownWrite a Review
OverviewHiking Table Mountain via the Kasteelpoort route to the Cableway is one of the best ways to see many different sides of the mountain in one hike. It offers city views over Cape Town, Atlantic Ocean, and the backside of the mountain views, and offers you interesting pathways as you hike along.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tourPick up from your hotel within the city centre or close surrounds.This all encompassing 5 hour route of Table Mountain starts on the jeep track from the stunning Camps Bay or Atlantic Ocean side of the mountain. It connects to the historical Pipe Track and heads up Kasteelpoort which is a steady climb up a beautiful, open ravine. Halfway up, visit âbreakfast rockâ which is a great photo spot with views of Lions Head and the Atlantic Ocean. Once at the top of Kasteelpoort, take a moment to check out the remnants of the historical Old Cableway. Here there is an opportunity for the brave to go out onto âdiving board rockâ for the amazing picture to show others back home. From the Old Cableway, the path heads up part of the Valley of the Red Gods & into the Valley of Isolation which has interesting rock formations creating a bowl-like valley.
Then, it descends into Echo Valley and up the backside of Table Mountain up 3 ladders(these ladders are bolted into the rock). From here, the views overlooking the city below are not to be missed. Once at the top, the descent is via the Cableway weather permitting.
Inclusions for Table Mountain Private Hike Tour Of Kasteelpoort Route From Cape Town
Pick up and drop off within the city centre and Atlantic Seaboard (Camps Bay, Sea Point, Green Point)
Exclusions for Table Mountain Private Hike Tour Of Kasteelpoort Route From Cape Town
Cableway fee (R135 per adult, R65 for children under 17)
Food and drinks, unless specified. A lunchbox can be included for R150 per person which includes 2L of water, a sandwich, seasonal fruit and snacks for the day. Please contact your local supplier if you wish to include this.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.