Travel to Agra to experience the Taj Mahal, one of the world's most iconic and spectacular buildings, on this full-day tour from Delhi. See the Taj Mahal at sunrise, a truly unforgettable and once-in-a-lifetime experience, and also visit the amazing Agra Fort. You will also visit the local market of Agra and experience the life of the locals. With the help of a private air conditioned car and your own personal chauffer between Delhi and Agra, you get an opportunity to enjoy personalized attention. This day trip will be one of the most enchanting experiences you will ever have.
- Instant Confirmation
- Excellent value for money
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAn air-conditioned vehicle will pick you up from anywhere in Delhi at around 2am to start the tour. You will then begin your 4-hour drive to Agra, arriving at approximately 6am, just in time for a great view of the sunrise to witness Taj Mahal.
Then, simply marvel at the spectacular Taj Mahal as the sun rises in the background. Your tour guide will meet you here, and will show you around the monument. Take your time to admire this majestic temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most famous and beautiful buildings in the world.
Shah Jahan built the Taj to enshrine the body of his favourite wife, Arjumand Bann Begum, better known by her official palace title, Mumtaz Mahal (“Chosen One of the Palace”), who died shortly after giving birth to her fourteenth child in 1631. The emperor was devastated by her death, and set out to create an unsurpassed monument to her memory. Construction by a workforce of some 20,000 men from all over Asia commenced in 1632 and took over twenty years, not being completed until 1653. Have a look at this beautiful monument with your tour guide, walk inside the monument and get some photographs clicked with the mighty Taj for your memories.
At 10am, you will visit the nearby Agra Fort, also an amazing building and UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit the Agra fort with your tour guide who will explain you the history and facts about the monument. There are many palaces and monuments inside the fort, each with its own interesting Mughal architecture and unique character. One palace has an exterior of red sandstone and an interior of white marble. Another pavilion has its entire interior covered with small pieces of glass in order to magnify the light emitted by a lit candle. The balcony of another palace looks over the Taj Mahal at a distance.
Also visit the market of Agra which is renowned for its marble tabletops, vases and trays, inlaid with semi-precious stones in ornate floral designs, in imitation of those found in the Taj Mahal. You will visit the local factory where you can see the inlay work done by the workers on the marble. It is also an excellent place to buy leather; Agra’s shoe industry supplies all of India, and its tanneries export bags, briefcases and jackets. Carpets and dhurries are manufactured here too, and traditional embroidery continues to thrive.
At 1pm, you will take a break with some free time to have lunch.
You will then head back to Delhi, departing at approximately 2pm and arriving around 7pm.
A buffet lunch at a 5-Star Hotel can also be arranged. Please inform the local tour operator in advance if you wish to add any option.
Inclusions for Taj Mahal Sunrise And Agra Fort Day Trip From Delhi
- Pick-up and drop off from hotel/airport
- Transportation by air-conditioned car
- All parking, toll taxes, driver allowances, fuel, and interstate taxes
- Private English-speaking guide for all sites
Exclusions for Taj Mahal Sunrise And Agra Fort Day Trip From Delhi
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Entrance Fees of the monuments
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Lunch at a multi-cuisine restaurant can be pre-booked at an additional cost of 15 USD per person
Please note that the Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Pick up time may change as per weather conditions
Please contact the local tour operator after booking to confirm your pickup and drop-off locations; tour operator contact information will be on your confirmation voucher
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Tour: Day Trip To Agra From Delhi Including Taj Mahal And Agra Fort
- Private Walking Tour: South Delhi Heritage Including Qutub Minar And Mehrauli Archaeological Park
- Red Fort Sound And Light Show In Delhi With Dinner And Private Transfer
- Private Walking Tour: Old Delhi Including Ancient Havelis And Chandni Chowk
- 3-Day Delhi To Pilgrim Varanasi Tour From New Delhi
- 5-Day Golden Triangle Tour With Luxury In Budget
- India Golden Triangle Tours 6 Day With Private Budget
- Golden Triangle With Mumbai And Goa - 9 Day
- Delhi 5-Hour Hands-on Cooking Class With Meal
- City Tour Of Delhi