OverviewThe Tallinn city tour is a combined bus and walking tour in Tallinn. During the bus part of the tour, which lasts for 1.5 hours, we will drive around the famous Old Town, see the towers of the wall, the most famous are called Stout Margaret and Tall Herman. We will also see the mighty wall of Toompea Castle on the hill, drive through the district of high tech architecture â Tallinnâs City. Lastly, we will visit the districts of wooden architecture which Tallinn is famous for.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourSee and learn about the history of the baroque style Kadriorg Palace and Park which Peter the Great of Russia presented to his wife.
Next we continue our way to Tallinn Song Festival Grounds, a very important place for the people of Estonia, where the Estonia Song Festival is held every 5 years. The Festival Grounds are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Following this we will drive along the seaside and enjoy a picturesque view to the Gulf of Finland. We will stop at Pirita Convent (St. Brigit's Convent) and discover the story behind the ruins of the monastery. There will also be a beautiful photo stop on the coast of the gulf with the best view of the Tallinn.
The bus tour will end in the Old Town and weâll continue by foot.
Tallinnâs Old Town consists of two parts, the Upper Town and the Lower Town. During our walk we will first discover the Upper Town, which was a stronghold of the former Tallinn nobility. We will also see two cathedrals, the Russian Orthodox Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and the Lutheran St. Maryâs Cathedral. Lastly, we will view Estonian Parliament building inside Toompea Castle and enjoy a panorama of the Tallinn from the viewing platforms.
After seeing Upper Town, we will continue to the Lower Town. Here you will see the medieval merchantâs houses and learn why Tallinn was founded at this particular place, how it was developing, why is there so many churches it Tallinn and why they are so tall. Going down along the Long Leg Street weâll see St. Olafâs Church, the highest building in the world during the 16th and 17th centuries.
Our tour will end on the Town Hall Square inside Lower Town. Here you will find the gothic Town Hall and the oldest functioning pharmacy in the world, Town Hall Pharmacy.
After the tour you are on your own, the guide will advise you about additional attractions, restaurants, and souvenir shops. The main square of Tallinn â Liberty Square is 5 min away and the cruise harbor is just a 15 min walk.
Inclusions for Tallinn City Private Tour
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Tallinn City Private Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A maximum of 4 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.