Tallinn: Old Town And Kalamaja, 5hrs
OverviewDiscover Tallinn Old Town and Kalamaja with a specialist local guide. Join a small group walking tour of max 8 people to explore Old Town Tallinn and see its winding alleyways, ornate doorways, and medieval courtyards. Among Medieval Nordic cities, theres none nearly as well-preserved as Tallinn, nor more dense with restaurants, cafés, and surprises.Immerse in Kalamaja's local atmosphere of exciting art, culture, and design center for artists, hipsters, and design lovers. Kalamaja is also the focus of experiential travelers in the seek of new gastronomic experiences.
Know More about this tourWe meet all shore excursions at the dock.
Tallinn's old town is not all that big and is perfect for exploring galleries and craft workshops. Your local guide knows the area very well and will give you hints on the real life. Join the cool and young affluent crowd in search of foodie delights and historical settings.
The Town Hall Square is reminiscent of pages from a childrens fairytale book with its pastel-colored buildings all pretty in a row. From fabric makers to ceramics stores, paintings and artwork to jewelry artisans, if theres an art that can be perfected with the hands, theres almost certainly a workshop for it in Tallinn Old Town.
Walking tours around Tallinn Old Town are the perfect way to explore at a leisurely pace. You wont want to miss the intriguing details on the grand baroque buildings, crumbling stucco facades, monumental gates and marble streets.
Included sites are:
- Lower and Upper Towns.
- Fat Margaret Tower
- Pikk Street
- Town Hall Square
- Wheel Well
- Great Guild Hall
- Aleksander Nevsky Cathedral
- Church of the Holy Ghost
- Danish Kings Garden
- St Olavs Church
- One of the worlds oldest working pharmacies.
- Fortified Medieval City Walls
- Tall Hermann Tower
- Parliament House
- Stunning views from Toompea Hill
Your informative walking tour guide will regale you with stories of past residents and significant landmarks, leading you on a journey not only through the streets of Tallinn but also to Kalamaja and Telliskivi.
Second Part of Tallinn Old Town and Kalamaja Tour:
This neighborhood is famous for its wooden houses and bohemian charm. Kalamaja literally means fish house in Estonian, and starting from the 14th century the area was traditionally dominated by fishermen, fishmongers, and Boatwrights.
Clever use of space and dedicated use of local produce makes the local restaurant and cafés an integral part of the Kalamaja atmosphere. The wooden houses built to accommodate these workers became Kalamajas architectural legacy and are now what gives the neighborhood its unforgettable charm.
Inclusions for Tallinn: Old Town And Kalamaja, 5hrs
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Tallinn: Old Town And Kalamaja, 5hrs
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- City tour Craft Brewery visit and tasting of craft beers ciders and cheeses
- Helsinki Day Cruise from Tallinn
- Tallinn TV Tower Entrance Ticket
- Private Shore Excursion: 5-Hour Best of Tallinn
- Private Shore Excursion: Best of Tallinn with Kadriorg Palace and Pirita
- Medieval photoshoot and tour in Tallinn
- Shore Excursion: 4-Hour Tallinn Guided Sightseeing Tour
- 4G LTE Pocket WiFi Rental, Internet Connection in Tallinn -pick up at LAX