OverviewIf you’ve never kiteboarded before than this will be your first chance to feel the raw power of a kite. You'll just be along for the ride until you're ready to start flying the kite with the assistance of your instructor (pilot). Your pilot will be attached directly behind you (similar to going tandem skydiving or tandem paragliding), and he will have 100% control of the kite. Your feet will be situated in the center two straps (if you're on the normal twintip kiteboard), or you will keep your feet on the center part of the foilboard (situated between your instructor's feet). You will also be briefed prior to entering the water on what you need to do to make your experience safe and enjoyable.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Qualified and professional pilot
Know More about this tourTandem Kiting
Time: 30 minutes on the water!
Allow time for your instructor (pilot) to set up the equipment and provide a briefing
When: All year long. Monday-Sunday. Reserve your lesson in advance to ensure availability.
Where: Located in Kahului, Maui at world renown Kanaha Beach (Kite Beach)
Why would you want to go tandem kiting?
* No experience necessary!
* The Ultimate Maui Adventure!
* Know if kiting is the right fit for you!
* Start riding today without the pain and anguish from learning!
* Catch some waves (only if the conditions permit and only if you want to do it!)
* Get huge airs or throw a front flip "like a boss!"
* Experience the full thrill of kiting without extensive time, effort, and money!
* The safest, most effective, and most fun way to learn to kiteboard!
* Ride with the comfort of a professional!
* Apply theory to your tandem kiting session!
* Receive immediate, informative, and useful feedback from your Kiting.com instructor (pilot)
* Get up and start kiting today!
Tandem kiting also known as tandem kiteboarding or tandem kitesurfing is the evolution of the sport! Skydiving and paragliding were both originally solo activities, but as their sports evolved so too did the way of thinking and teaching. Skydivers and paragliders alike soon figured that it would be a lot safer to instruct students by having a professional pilot at the helm of a larger and more reinforced canopy to accomodate two people (The pilot and the passenger). Kiting (the newest of the sports) followed in their path around 2013. Tamatoa Gillot opened the doors wide open when he went live with his inspirational tandem kiting video, "Tandem Kitesurfing - Double Pleasure - Kitesurf"
Tandem kiting makes students learn the sport quicker because you have a professional pilot with you the entire time whom can provide hands-on, immediate, informative, and useful feeback to safely progress your kiting.
Kiting Requirements: Every student/passenger must be comfortable in the water, and you must be able to swim. We will not go out further than you are willing and able to swim!
Weight Requirements: Must weigh 150lbs or less due to gear limitations
Wind Requirements: To make your tandem experience fun, safe, and conducive to learning, we will need at least 15mph of wind. If the wind is less than 15mph, your tandem lesson will need to be rescheduled or refunded.
Reserve Your Tandem Kiting Experience
Inclusions for Tandem Kiting
- Bottled water
- Admission ticket
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
Exclusions for Tandem Kiting
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A small amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers must weigh less than 150lbs.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.