Tandem Skydive Near Stonehenge From Salisbury
OverviewTo get the rush you've never had... do something you've never done! If youve never skydived before youve come to the right place. Your team of professional skydive instructors and support staff are specially trained to work with first-time tandem skydivers. So what's tandem skydiving like? Imagine an experience that puts your senses into overdrive; it's the ultimate adrenaline rush. When you jump out of a plane at 10-15.000 feet (3048-4572 meters), youre putting your trust in a total stranger. Literally throwing yourself into the unknown and free falling at 120mph is an experience like nothing on earth. Marvel at the sights of major prehistoric significance, including the Iron Age hill fort of Old Sarum, once the home of William the Conqueror and depending on wind direction the world heritage site of Stonehenge. Beyond exhilarating, it defies description. The only way to understand it is to do it. So, ready for the experience of a lifetime? Lets do this!
Know More about this tourYour day begins once you have arrived, with an introduction and what to expect from your tandem skydive. Next you will be given specialist training in a simulated training environment. Once fitted in your jumpsuit and harnessyou will then be suspended so that you can effectively practice the necessary freefall and landing positions under the watchful eye of aninstructor.
Once your training is complete you will go through to the departure area where you will meet your personal tandem skydive instructor.
Your instructor will escort you to the plane and once inside he will secure your harness to his and the flight will depart. The pilot will fly you up to altitude in a Cessna Super Cargomaster.This aircraft has been refitted to the specific requirements for tandem skydiving.
On the scenic flight up youll take in views of the historical Wiltshire countryside, the South Coast and the Isle of Wight. Marvel at the sights of major prehistoric significance, including the Iron Age hill fort of Old Sarum, once the home of William the Conqueror and depending on wind direction, Stonehenge the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Once the flight has reached altitude you and your instructor will move towards the door for the next part of your experience which is the skydive itself. The high adrenaline freefall starts as you andyour instructor jump from your chosen altitude ofeither 10,000ft. This is amazing you will literally fall through the air and rush towards the earth at about 125 mph if youve chosen to jump from 10,000 ft this will last approximately 30 seconds.The rush is spectacular and is often described as being transported to another world.
At 5000 ft your tandem instructor will deploy the parachute, this will slow your rate of descent to about 30mph. The canopy produces the wind resistance needed to slow you down for landing. This journey down to the landing area is pretty magical, youll now be able to speak to and hear your instructor as you enjoy the quiet of the parachute ride compared to the rush of freefall.
Under canopy there is usuallythe opportunity to add some high speed turns and maybe even take control of the chute yourself for a short time. You can have a chat with your instructor on the flight up and let him know what sort of parachute ride you would like.
As you come into land youll bring your legs up intothe landing position that you will have practised in your pre-jump training. You can now congratulate yourself and your instructor!
Inclusions for Tandem Skydive Near Stonehenge From Salisbury
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Landing and facility fees
- Welcome and safety briefing
- ExclusiveBritish Parachute Association endorsed instruction on the jump and landing procedures
- A 20-minute scenic plane flight to jump height over Salisbury Plains and surrounding countryside
- One 10,000ft tandem jump
- Bodysuit, helmet, goggles and gloves provided for the duration of the experience
- British Parachute Association Membership - valid for 1 year
- All airport fees included
- Tandem Skydive Completion Certificate
Exclusions for Tandem Skydive Near Stonehenge From Salisbury
- Video and photography is not included in the price, but are on offerand will be available to select and take away on the day
- Transportation to/from attractions not included, but your local provider can arrange discounted shuttles from Salisbury Train Station
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Whilst there's no physical preparation required prior to the day, there are a few jump criteria: 1) You need to be at least 16 years old and will need a parental consent form if you are under 18 (forms supplied on request); 2) If you have any pre-existing medical conditions - you'll need one of the supplied medical forms stamped and signed by your doctor; 15 stone (95 kg) is the maximum weight but if you're reasonably fit we can take up to 18 stone (114 kg) - surcharges apply
All jumps are weather dependent, with free rescheduling for bad weather days
It's recommended you wear trainers and comfortable clothing
The skydive center is regulated by the British Parachute Association adhering to their strict regulations.
If the guest cancels more than 7 days before the booked date a a full refund less 50 will be given.
If the guest cancels more less than 7 days before the booked date no refund will be given.
If the guest would like to reschedule the date of their jump there is no charge if it is more than 7 days before the original jump date.
If the guest would like to rechedule the date of their jump there is a 30 charge if it is less than 7 days before the original jump date.
If you are booking via STA Travel and GoSkydive has to reschedule your jump date due to weather but you are unable to make a different date because of your travel arrangements you are entitled to a full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.