Taormina 2-Hour Private Guided Tour
OverviewExplore Taormina, an authentic gem of Sicily on a 2-hour private guided walking tour. Discover the monuments, the buildings and the stories that made Taormina one of the most important and beautiful towns in the whole Sicily, in the past and now as well.
- Explore Taormina, an authentic gem of Sicily on a 2-hour private guided walking tour.
Know More about this tourSpectacularly perched on the side of a mountain, Taormina is one of Sicily's most popular destinations, in summer and not only. It's rich in history, art, culture and tradition, besides being located in one of the most breathtaking spots of the whole country.
Founded in the 4th century BC, Taormina enjoyed great prosperity under the Greek ruler Gelon II and later under the Romans, but fell into quiet obscurity after being conquered by the Normans in 1087. Its reincarnation as a tourist destination dates to the 18th century, when northern Europeans discovered it on the Grand Tour. Among its fans was DH Lawrence, who lived here between 1920 and 1923.
With this 2-hour private guided tour, you will enjoy the most important treasures of the town. You'll explore some of its most important and famous sites and admire the stunning signs of the Roman and Greek eras all around you. You'll get to visit the famous Greek-Roman Amphitheatreand then see the Piccolo Teatro Odeon, the Corvaia Palace, Corso Umberto and Porta Messina.
You'll fall in love with Taormina!
Inclusions for Taormina 2-Hour Private Guided Tour
- private tour led by an expert guide
- guided visit of theGreek-Roman Amphitheatre
Exclusions for Taormina 2-Hour Private Guided Tour
- ticket to enter the Greek Theatre
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please note that the price of this tour does not include any entrance fees. The ticket to visit the Ancient Greek Theatre can be bought on the spot (10 per person).
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.