Taormina Giardini And Castelmola - Catania
OverviewSee a side of Catania that you have never seen before. Visit the best of attractions in the city such as the Isola Bella, Palazzo Corvaja (The Corvaja Palace),the Teatro Antico (The Old Theatre), Torre dell’orologio (The Clock Tower),Cattedrale Fortezza (The Fortress Cathedral) and the Badia Vecchia (The Old Abbey).
- See the first Greek colony in Sicily
- Visit the picturesque town of Taormina
- Admire important monuments
- Go shopping in the exclusive shops which alternate with workshops.
Know More about this tour
The first stop of this excursion will be the fishing town of Giardini Naxos, the first Greek colony in Sicily, founded in 734 b.C., where you will drive along the seafront and enjoy the beautiful Naxos bay.
You will then stop at the wonderful “Isola Bella”, a Wildlife Reserve considered the “pearl of the Ionian sea” for its natural beauty, where it will be possible to bathe in its marvellous crystal clear waters.
From Isola Bella you will go to Castelmola where you will walk along the characteristics streets of the town, and stop to see the ruins of the imposing Norman walls and the main square (Duomo) with the Mother Church, rebuilt between 1934 and 1935 on the existing cathedral and dedicated to St. Nicholas of Bari. The last part of the excursion will be dedicated to visiting the picturesque town of Taormina.
Along the main road of this town, Corso Umberto, with the Messina Gate below and the Catania Gate on the mountain side, you will admire the most important monuments: Palazzo Corvaja (The Corvaja Palace), the Teatro Antico* (The Old Theatre), Piazza IX Aprile, the Torre dell’orologio (The Clock Tower), the Cattedrale Fortezza (The Fortress Cathedral), the Badia Vecchia (The Old Abbey), and the Palazzo Duca di Santo Stefano (The Duke of Saint Stephen Palace), and much more. It will also be possible to go shopping in the exclusive shops which alternate with workshops.
Inclusions for Taormina Giardini And Castelmola
- Shuttle bus (return)
- Multilingual guide
Exclusions for Taormina Giardini And Castelmola
- Authorized tourist guide in Taormina (on request)
- Optional visit of Greek Theatre € 10,00
- All that is not specified under “the cost includes”.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 1 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 1 days To 2 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 50%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Etna Emotion 3000 Tour from Catania
- Syracuse 2-Hour Private Guided Tour from Catania
- Wine and Local Delicacies Tasting at a Sicilian Traditional Palmento
- Etna Nature and Flavors Half-Day Tour from Catania
- Etna and Taormina Private Tour from Catania or Syracuse
- The Godfather tour from Catania
- Alcantara in MTB from Catania
- Etna in MTB Half day