Taormina Segway Tour
OverviewExplore the chic coastal town of Taormina by self-balancing electric Segway! The 3-hour tour takes in all the sights around its oldest neighborhood, Borgo Medievale, passing attractions like Piazza del Duomo with its eye-catching Baroque fountain, and Teatro Greco – a well-preserved Ancient Greek amphitheater. Cool down in the shade of Villa Comunale and find the best vantage points for views of Mount Etna.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near Porta Catania in central Taormina, and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel comfortable, youll follow your guide through the leafy city streets to Borgo Medievale Taorminas oldest quarter.
Stop for pictures in glamorous Piazza del Duomo, seeing the Baroque fountain that bears the citys emblem the Centauressa and admiring the impressive city hall. Work your way toward the plush 5-star San Domenico hotel and hear of its use as an ancient monastery in bygone days.
Visit the black-and-white-paved Piazza IX Aprile to soak up the views of the Ionian Sea and Mount Etna, and then circle around to glide to Taorminas main street, Corso Umberto. Villa Communale is nearby, so head inside to discover a lush city park with views as colorful as its flowers.
Make the most of the shade beneath the park's lofty Cypress trees while meandering around, and then head back out to the city streets. The citys star attraction, Teatro Greco, lies ahead so have your camera ready to capture photos of this incredibly preserved Ancient Greek amphitheater. Hear about the gladiatorial games that the Romans once held here, and of the film festivals that the theater plays host to nowadays.
Leave the theater and then continue to Porta Catania. After a stop outside the Capuchin church, finish your tour back at the start point.
Inclusions for Taormina Segway Tour
- Segway tour
- 30-minute orientation session
- Use of helmet (optional)
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
- Headphones to hear the guide clearly
Exclusions for Taormina Segway Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 16 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.