Taormina Shore Excursion: City Segway Tour
OverviewLeave the cruise port and set off to explore the chic coastal town of Taormina by self-balancing electric Segway! This fun 3-hour shore excursion takes in all the sights around Borgo Medievale –Taormina’s oldest neighborhood – passing attractions like Teatro Greco, the Ancient Greek ampitheather. Cool down in the shade of Villa Comunale and find the best vantage points for views of Mount Etna.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks in Taormina, set off to meet your guide near Porta Catania, and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel comfortable, youll follow your guide through the leafy city streets to Borgo Medievale Taorminas oldest quarter.
Stop for pictures in glamorous Piazza del Duomo, seeing the Baroque fountain that bears the citys emblem the Centauressa and admiring the impressive city hall. Work your way toward the plush 5-star San Domenico hotel and hear of its use as an ancient monastery in bygone days.
Visit the black-and-white-paved Piazza IX Aprile to soak up the views of the Ionian Sea and Mount Etna, and then circle around to glide to Taorminas main street, Corso umberto. Villa Comunale is nearby, so head inside to discover a lush city park with views as colorful as its flowers.
Make the most of the shade beneath the park's lofty Cypress trees while meandering around, and then head back out to the city streets. The citys star attraction, Teatro Greco, lies ahead so have your camera ready to capture photos of this incredibly preserved Ancient Greek amphitheater. Hear about the gladiatorial games that the Romans once held here, and of the film festivals that the theater plays host to nowadays.
Leave the theater and then continue to Porta Catania. After a stop outside the Capuchin church, finish your tour back at the start point.
This excursion is located within 37.5 miles (60km) to the cruise port, so you determine the time you return to your ship in Taormina. Please allow yourself ample time to enjoy the excursion and ensure your timely return to the port. This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy.
Inclusions for Taormina Shore Excursion: City Segway Tour
- Use of Segway and helmet
- 30-minute orientation session
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
- Headphones to hear the guide clearly
Exclusions for Taormina Shore Excursion: City Segway Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Port pickup and drop-off
- This excursion is not covered by our worry-free policy
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 16 years
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Aeolian Islands Tour from Taormina: Lipari and Vulcano
- Mount Etna Sunset Tour from Taormina
- Small-group North Etna Tour by 4x4 Jeep
- Private Taormina & Mount Etna Tour from Taormina
- Italian Opera in Taormina
- Half-Day Etna Countryside Food and Wine Lovers Tour
- Godfather vs Mafia Tour & Sicilian Light Lunch
- Taormina International Music Festival