Experience the first and oldest grape growing region in the country!By visiting three wineries and their vineyards, taste your way through New Mexico wines. Learn about the different grapes that grow in our high desert, short growing season, see where the grapes are actually pressed and processed, and taste our version of varietals you may be familiar with, and others you're meeting for the first time. This tour includes door to door service, so don't worry about driving, your guide has you covered!
Know More about this tourWith convenient pickup at your accommodation, or, if you're visiting Taos for the day, at a place of your choice, your winery tour begins at 1pm.
A scenic drive to the first winery in the artist colony of Dixon, La Chiripada is a family run winery in the Embudo Valley. Started by two brothers in the 1970's, it's now operated by their son/nephew. After tasting up to 6 wines of your choice, you'll venture to Black Mesa Winery in Rinconada, another scenic small town on the Rio Grande. With 6 more wine tastings, be sure to ask for a sample of their famous and delicious chocolate wine! You'll receive a souvenir wine glass, if you choose to take with you. The final stop is at Vivac winery located in the canyon on the road back to Taos. The tour will finish around 4:30PM.
All wine tastings and server tips are included, as well as transportation and riveting information on the Spanish and Native American history of the area. Not included are snacks or guide gratuity (while not required, gratuities of 15-20% of tour cost is welcomed to make your guide feel appreciated and valued).Bringing munchies along is definitely recommended!Keep in mind that you are consuming alcohol at elevation, which may increase the effects of alcohol. Drink plenty of water and eat lunch before you join the tour.
Inclusions for Taos Winery Tour
- Wine tasting room fees
- Tasting room server tips
- Pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Taos Winery Tour
- Tour guide gratuities (while not required, gratuities of 15-20% of tour cost is welcomed to make your guide feel appreciated and valued).
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 21 years, must be at least 21 years to participate in this tour
Minimum of 2 guests required to book from April 20 - October 29, minimum of 4 guests required to book off-peak.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.