OverviewEnjoy a 3-hour walking tour and taste the best Portuguese tapas, jams as well as the famous Port wine. Get to know thepopular Bolhão Market in a guided tour and the several high-quality grocers that are part of the history of the Bolhão neighborhood. The Majestic Café, São Bento Train Station or the hidden pearl Aliança Jewellery is also included in the itinerary. Stroll with us into Ribeira, toward the next destination which is the other shore so you can finally taste the nectar of the Gods. Last but not least, it is time to nibble in the rustic and traditional tavern atmosphere and enjoy a beautiful plate of tapas for two!
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and join him to learn more about the city's flavors. First you'll have the opportunity to meet one of the most emblematic markets of Oporto: The Bolhão Market, aimed for fresh products, mainly food. With four main entrances, its construction is characterized by its monumentality, typical of neoclassical architecture. Lose yourself in the aromas, colors and sound so typical of this city market.
A little further up, we present the renowned Café Majestic, revivalist style of French inspiration, an icon in the city. More than a cafe, Majestic tells the story of Porto in the twentieth century and it was home for political gatherings and debate of ideas. This was the "Belle Epoque" Porto of writers and artists.
The S. Bento train station, Ribeira and the English Feitoria will be other passing sites where you can learn more about the city's history and how it mainly became a market town where Port Wine was a major contributor to its growth.
Further down, taste some unique Portuguese jams, also in a commented tasting. Try a unique flavor experience of fruit jams in tubes.
Heading towards the other shore, did you know that Vila Nova de Gaia is the place with the highest concentration of alcohol per square metre in the world? The world famous port wine is produced exclusively from grapes from the region adjacent to the Douro and, even though it is produced with Douro grapes and stored in the cellars in Vila Nova de Gaia, it ended up being known as "Port Wine", so you are in just the right place to drink this néctar. Here you will have the opportunity to taste 4 Port's (Rosé, White, Special Reserv and LBV) on a commented tasting in a place and brand of excellency.
After the 3h00 tour walking around Porto, we end the tour in a beautiful, tipycal and local tavern with authentic flavors to sample, where you can enjoy this delicious plate in your own privacy! Here you will taste a little bit of Portugal in a plate for 2, accompanied with a mug of the best house wine. Bon appetit!
Inclusions for Tapas And Port Wine Walking Tour
- Guided visit to traditional market and groceries of Bolhão
- Commented tastings and samples of several jams
- Commented Port wine tastings (Rosé, White, Special Reserve and LBV)
- Regional plate of tapas for two on typical "Tasco" (plate for two as picture and a mug of house wine)
- Local guide
Exclusions for Tapas And Port Wine Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
At Mondays, the comented tasting of Port's is replaced with a wine cellar visit.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.