Taquile Island And Uros Floating Islands Day Trip From Puno
OverviewSpend 8-hours with enclosed access to Lake Tititcaca and its people. Depart from the Puno's Pier heading to Uros Floating Islands, embodied by an amazing tribe that settled down in the lake for centuries. Witness their peculiar lifestyle with a professional guide. Head to Taquile island, the "Taquileos" is an indigenous community well known for their fine handmade textiles, which are considered the best weavers in the region. Enjoy delicious Peruvian food on the island with a gorgeous view of the Lake.
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourStart your journey at 7am with pickup from your accommodation in Puno city.
Meet your professional guide before embarking on a journey to Uros Floating Islands. Your guide will explain important information about Lake Titicaca and its surroundings. Spend1-hour and 15 minutes at the Floating Islands. Your guide will explainthe origin of this amazing tribe. Learn how to make a floating island by using aquatic plants which grow on the shores. After exploring the Floating Islands, enjoy a boat ride to the largest area of the lake, heading to Taquile Island. On the way to Taquile island, enjoy nice viewsof Lake Titicaca to capture amazing photos to take home everlasting memories. Afterwards, embark on a level hike with your guide as you learn about this ancient Inca community. Eat a delicious lunch at a wonderful restaurant on Taquile island to taste Peruvian food made by the locals (lunch included). Relax as you enjoy great views of the lake. Learnhow the islanders make their famous handmade textiles. Your guide will share information about the patterns, which are beautifully displayed on their clothes. Learn about the history and traditions of handmade textiles. Buy some souvenirs to take home and share with your family or friends.
After your journey, you will be driven back to your accommodation in Puno city.
Inclusions for Taquile Island And Uros Floating Islands Day Trip From Puno
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (vegetarian option available)
- Professional bilingual guide english / spanish
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (only hotels located in downtown)
- Walking tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Shared Boat
Exclusions for Taquile Island And Uros Floating Islands Day Trip From Puno
- Cold Drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kayak from Puno to Uros island and fast boat to Taquile
- Half-Day Chucuito Tour from Puno
- Kayak to Uros and continue by boat to Amantani and Taquile 2d1n
- Kayaking to Uros floating islands Lake Titicaca
- Private tour to Uros and Llachon 1d
- Group Tour with FAST BOAT: Full-Day Titicaca Lake tour: Uros and Taquile
- Private Transportation from Airport to Puno (Van up to 5 people)
- Sillustani Pre-Incan Burial Grounds Half-Day Tour