Targoviste Small-Group Day Trip To Wallachia From BucharestWrite a Review
OverviewEmbark on this small group day trip from Bucharest to discover an important part of Romanian history hidden at Targoviste. On this tour you will learn details about the famous Vlad Tepes, also known as Dracula as well as details from Romania's recent history.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourIn the morning transfer from Bucharest to Targoviste.
You will visit the former royal residence at Targoviste where Vlad Tepes ruled. This is also the place where the battle from June 1462 took place between Vlad Tepes (Dracula) and Mehmed II the Sultan of the Otoman Empire. The battle ended with the defeat of the Ottoman army and in honor of his victory, Vlad Tepes built Chindia Tower which can be visited today.
You will also visit the military unit in Targoviste where the former dictator Nicolae Ceausescu was judged and executed in 1989. You will be able to feel the tension of those important days when the communist regime collapsed.
At the end of the tour you will visit Ceausescu Palace - the home of the former Romanian dictator located in Bucharest.
Inclusions for Targoviste Small-Group Day Trip To Wallachia From Bucharest
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned car/minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if selected)
Exclusions for Targoviste Small-Group Day Trip To Wallachia From Bucharest
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 4 years
If hotel pickup required, please enter hotel details at checkout
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.