OverviewRelive the glorious Roman past in the capital of ancient Spain, the coastal town of Tarragona. This half-day tour of Imperial Rome will take you to the ancient capital of the ‘Hispania Citerior’, one of the three provinces that formed the Iberian Peninsula about two thousand years ago. Your expert guide will pick you up in a comfortable car/minivan and will assist you on this journey back in time when gladiators, centurions and emperors wrote the mythical and bloody history of the Roman Empire. Tarragona is located about 60 miles (100 km) south of Barcelona, on the Costa Dorada – formed of sandy beaches and crystal clear waters.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourGet picked up from your Barcelona hotel between 8:30am and 9:30am and climb into your private vehicle for the drive to Tarragona, once the Roman empire’s Spanish capital. Travel approximately one hour 15 minutes along the Balaeric Coast before arriving at the ancient city, where your walking tour begins.
Explore the remnants of Tarragona's 2,000-year-old city walls, circus (event space) and Roman forum, some of which are hidden beneath buildings from the nineteenth century and later. Learn fascinating historical facts and anecdotes from your guide as you stroll to Tarragona’s impressive amphitheater, which once played host to bloody gladiatorial combat. Finish your walking tour at the so-called 'Balcony of the Mediterranean' on the Rambla, a wrought-iron terrace offering spectacular views of the beach and the ocean. Finally, climb back into your vehicle for the return trip to Tarragona, where the tour ends between 1:30pm and 2:30pm.
Inclusions for Tarragona Half Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private vehicle
- Professional local guide
- Entrance fees
- Small Group
Exclusions for Tarragona Half Day Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Small group tour for eight people or fewer
A minimum of two people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.