Tarragona Roman City And Sitges Mediterranean Village Full-Day Tour
OverviewTravel back in time to the ancient capital of Hispania and enjoy the modern charm of Sitges. Live a day in the warmer shores of Catalonia. You will first travel to Tarragona, also known by its ancient name 'Tarraco', and then make your way to beautiful Sitges. Finish the day in San Sebastian, the best urban beach in Europe.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourDiscover Tarragona, located 62 miles (100 km) south of Barcelona, on the Costa Dorada. The city is home to one of the most important and best preserved Roman archaeological sites in Spain, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Next, we'll begin the walking tour, where you will discover the many still preserved remains of this civilization, while our guide provides their most exciting stories.
You will be able to explore the ancient walls surrounding the city and be immersed into one of the best preserved circuses in Europe, hidden under building structures from the 19th century. You will see as the traces of the ancient Roman forum live in the present with the medieval and modern Tarragona. Finally, you will be amazed at the ruins of the amphitheater located on the shore of the Mediterranean since the 2nd century and where bloody battles between gladiators took place.
After this journey in the footsteps of our distant past, we'll go to another town with a charm that is more colorful and idyllic, heir to the imprint of Modernism.
Sitges is located 23.6 miles (38 km) from Barcelona. Its privileged location, where the sea and the mountains are mixed, became an ideal place to practice health tourism. Today, in Sitges, is a mixture of traditional fishermens houses with a bohemian and lively atmosphere, full of boutiques, restaurants and musicians and artists in the streets.
On a walking tour through the town, your guide will take you through the wonderful streets and the most hidden corners of its labyrinthine center. You will see examples of architectural modernism of Casa Bacardi or Casa del Rellotge, as you uncover the curious stories of the 'Americanos who became rich from the new continent. Sitges is an idyllic walk by the sea, including the church of San Bartolom and Santa Tecla, the grand staircase, Maricel Palace and the charming Quiet Corner, where musicians enliven the atmosphere, forming a beautiful journey that leads to the beach of San Sebastian.
Relax in one of its terraces or, if the weather permits, take a dip in its crystal waters.
Inclusions for Tarragona Roman City And Sitges Mediterranean Village Full-Day Tour
- Professional local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Walking tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Tarragona Roman City And Sitges Mediterranean Village Full-Day Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Small-group tour for 8 people or fewer
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.