Taste Of Castelli Romani: Day Trip Including Santa Benedetta Winery From Rome
OverviewDiscover the idyllic Castelli Romani region on this 4-hour semi-private wine tour from Rome, and visit Santa Benedetta one of its oldest wineries! After exploring the villages of Frascati and Grottaferrata, head to Santa Benedetta for a tour and wine-tasting session. Spend your afternoon enjoying three of the estate's finest wines alongside a selection of regional delicacies: extra virgin olive oil from the winery, bruschetta pane de Lariano, cheeses and cured meats.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Ideal choice for families
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tourLeave your Rome hotel and head to the hills of Castelli Romani, the Lazio regions easy-on-the-eye winemaking area. While its name hints at an abundance of Roman castles, Castelli Romani is actually a collection of 13 extremely scenic villages in the Alban Hills, punctuated by volcanic lakes and secluded valleys.
Head on to the hamlet of Monte Porzio Catone, and visit Santa Benedetta the oldest winery in Castelli Romani. On a tour of the rustic estate, hear how it was once a convent, and learn about the winemaking traditions that have been passed down by generations of the Benedetti family.
At this secluded little spot, sit down for your wine-tasting session, sampling three important Santa Benedetta wines complexus, gigi and tre vecchie. Soak up the wine with a plate of local delicacies, including the winerys extra virgin olive oil, bruschetta (pane di Lariano, an aromatic, crusty white bread), cheeses and cured meats.
After relaxing at the estate, enjoying the fine wine, food and great company, your guide will drive you back to your Rome hotel.
Inclusions for Taste Of Castelli Romani: Day Trip Including Santa Benedetta Winery From Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Wine tasting
- Snacks: bread, olive oil, cheeses and cured meats
Exclusions for Taste Of Castelli Romani: Day Trip Including Santa Benedetta Winery From Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 16 will not be served alcohol
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shared Departure Transfer: Rome Hotels to Fiumicino Airport
- Holy Jubilee Walking Tour in Rome
- Private Half-Day Tour: Tivoli and Villa D'Este from Rome
- Rome to Pompeii Shuttle Bus & Independent Day Trip
- Small-Group Tour: Venice by Train Full Day Tour from Rome
- Roman Countryside Food and Wine Tasting from Rome