Taste Of Chianti: Tuscan Cheese, Wine And Lunch From Florence
OverviewTreat your taste buds on a full-day Chianti wine and food tour from Florence and sample some of Tuscany’s finest wine, cheese, meat, chocolate and more! With a local guide who is passionate about the region’s food heritage, travel through the countryside by 4x4 off-road vehicle and tour an historic villa, and a Chianti Classico winery. Up to seven glasses of wine are included throughout the day, plus several food samples and a 3-course meal at a traditional restaurant in the Chianti hills.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourLeave central Florence, and travel out of the city by air-conditioned 4x4 minibus. Soon, the views of Florences travertine buildings and bustling roads are replaced with the lush green hills of Chianti, the famous wine region nestled in the heart of the Tuscan countryside.
Your first stop of the day is at a beautiful winery belonging to one of the most prestigiousItalian aristocratic families. Here you taste three wines paired with cheese and two oliveoils, but first theres a fascinating guided tour of the historic wine cellars and to the olivemill through underground tunnels that pass under the villa, and to the enchanting garden ofthe villa.
Hop back inside your 4x4 minibus and buckle up for an off-road experience, through stretches of Tuscanys ancient woodland and rolling hills, to your next stop: a traditional Tuscan restaurant. Take a seat and treat your taste buds to some of the finest food that Tuscany has to offer; your lunch is sure to be a highlight of the tour! See the Sample Menu below for examples of the dishes.
Feeling refreshed, continue with a visit to Greve-in-Chianti, a quintessential Tuscan town with pretty streets and quaint shops. Make the most of some free time to explore, enjoy a coffee (own expense) or simply soak up the unique Italian culture that abounds.Here you will also buy a selection of typical Salumi (cured meats) from one of Italys most famous butchers which you will enjoy later at the second winery.
The rest of your afternoon is spent deep in the Chianti hills at a vineyard that produces Chianti Classico wine. In contrast to the well-established winery visited in the morning, this second winery is smaller and less-known, but it has produced two award-winning varietals. Sample these varietals, and learn how innovation and ancient traditions have combined to make them. Finish with a sweet treat, and then relax on the journey back to Florence where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Taste Of Chianti: Tuscan Cheese, Wine And Lunch From Florence
- Transport by air-conditioned 4x4 vehicle
- Professional guide
- 9 samples of wine
- 2 samples of olive oil
- Food tastings
Exclusions for Taste Of Chianti: Tuscan Cheese, Wine And Lunch From Florence
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Crostini misti - slices of toasted bread with typical Tuscan toppings of fresh seasoned tomato, bean, porcini mushroom, patè and lardo di colonnata
- Two different types of pasta (pappadelle with a wild boar sauce and mezzaluna stuffed with ricotta in a delicate truffle sauce)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Vegetarian option are not available and other alternative dietary requirements cannot be catered for
Minimum age is 18 years old
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guided Truffle Hunt in Tuscany with Light Gourmet Lunch
- Verona and Lake Garda Day Trip from Florence: 18 to 35s
- Tuscan Walk and Hunt for Truffles
- Florence Bike Rental
- Half-day Wine Tasting Trip to Chianti with Guide from Florence
- Florence Antiquarian Houses Private Art Tour
- Private Tour: Archaeological Museum of Florence
- Medici Chapels Private Tour