OverviewTake a scenic journey through Fern Gully, a towering green tunnel of ferns, which lines the road between Ocho Rios and Colgate. Enjoy the drive through the villages into the Jamaican countryside and learn about Jamaicas History, People, Culture and Food and visit a coffee plantation. This truly authentic tour will allow you to be one with nature as you see, smell and taste a little piece of Jamaica that most travelers miss. Enjoy a tasting of local fruit in season and lunch on the beach and taste some Jamaican jerk chicken with ackee and codfish served with yams and other delights.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourOnce you are picked up from your hotel or the cruise ship dock, your driver and guide will start the tour with an introduction to Jamaica, giving factual information and statistics about this little island in the sun. The tour will go through one of Jamaica’s famous rainforest - Fern Gully, where the driver will stop for pictures and more.
Further on in your journey you will enter several local communities and small villages and the driver will make several stops along the way to show you various fruits trees. Stop at a fruit stand and taste the local fruits and delicacies such as jackfruit, soursop, otaheite apple, guinep, mangoes, sugar cane and much more!
Your tour will return to Ocho Rios where your guide will take you to a pristine, white sand beach where you can chill, taste some Red Stripe beer or sample some homemade rum punch. Be the chef or watch as your Guide prepare the Jamaica’s authentic jerk chicken on location. Enjoy a cup of our Blue mountain Coffee while you relax on the beach.
Lunch will be served with yam, ackee and codfish (Jamaica’s national dish) with Jelly Coconut.
You can take in the sights and sounds of the beach, swim in the clear ocean water and be Irie, mon!
Dunn's River Falls or Blue Hole (optional)
This tour allows for an optional additional stop at the world-famous Dunn's River Falls or at the Blue Hole. You must select these options during the booking process.
Inclusions for Taste Of Jamaica Beach Tour From Ocho Rios
- Everything listed below is included in this tour
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned Bus
- Dunn's River Falls or Blue Hole visit (if option is selected)
- Professional guide
- All taxes, Entrance fees and handling charges
- Local fruit tasting
- Red Stripe Beer
- Rum Punch
- Lunch - Jerk Chicken (jerk on the beach) - Ackee and Cod Fish
- Jelly Coconut
- Blue Mountain Coffee
Exclusions for Taste Of Jamaica Beach Tour From Ocho Rios
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Cooking on the Beach
- Be the chef or just watch as the Jamaican jerk chicken is prepared on a charcoal grill.
- Taste rum, jelly coconut, and ice cold beer etc.
- Savor national dish (Ackee and codfish) with yams and jerk chicken will be served for lunch.
- Dance to Jamaican Mento and Reggae Music
- Have a cup of Blue Mountain Coffee
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Dunn's River Falls add-on is optional and must be selected during the booking process
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time and port of call eg. Ocho Rios
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.