Taste Of Panama City: Walking Tour With Food And Drinks In Casco Viejo
OverviewEat and drink your way through Panama Citys historic Casco Viejo district, the UNESCO World Heritage-listed old quarter, which dates back to the 1670s and is now home to some of the citys hippest food and drink joints. With a knowledgeable guide, visit a coffee roastery, a chocolate shop, a microbrewery, a seafood market and a rooftop cocktail bar, sampling culinary delights as you go. In addition, while you move from place to place, youll get a walking tour of the neighborhood and its historical landmarks. This culinary adventure is limited to 12 people, giving you a small-group experience.
Know More about this tourMeet your local guide and fellow culinary explorers at Caf Unido Coffee Roasters, where youll begin your Panama City food and drinks tour with a tasting of high-end coffee. Sip a sample made from Geisha beans some of Panamas best (and one of the worlds most expensive) and learn about the countrys coffee industry from a local coffee farmer and roaster.
Now that youre a bit caffeinated, move on to your next stop, a gourmet food shop that specializes in rich Panamanian chocolate. On your way there, enjoy your walk through the World Heritage-listed Casco Viejo district (also known as Casco Antiguo), passing by historical landmarks like the Arco Chato (Flat Arch).
When you arrive at the food shop, sample a piece of organic chocolate from the Bocas del Toro province, where the chocolate is produced by the Ngbe, an indigenous group. Then take another walk through Casco Viejo toward your next destination, stopping along the way for photo ops of the stunning Metropolitan Cathedral and white-washed Presidential Palace (Palacio de las Garzas).
Next up is a local microbrewery, where you can enjoy a tasting of four beers whichever are on tap that day. Take a look at the brewery facilities to see how the local beer is made, and learn a bit about beermaking in Panama from your guide.
Continue your adventure along the malecn (sea wall) to a seafood market, where youll enjoy some fresh ceviche, a Panamanian specialty thats also common throughout Central and South America. Panamanian ceviche typically consists of small pieces of fresh raw fish cured in lime juice and flavored with chopped onion and cilantro, and its one of the best things youll eat all day.
Finally, head to your last stop, a rooftop bar, for a rum cocktail made with 7-year-old Ron Abuelo, which comes from one of Panama's oldest rum producers. As you sip your drink, watch the sunset over the city. Your tour ends here, where you can stay on your own to continue your evening in Panama City, or find perhaps another spot in Casco Viejo to have drinks and dinner.
Inclusions for Taste Of Panama City: Walking Tour With Food And Drinks In Casco Viejo
- Local English-speaking guide
- Food and drinksamples(coffee, chocolate, beer sampler, ceviche, rum)
Exclusions for Taste Of Panama City: Walking Tour With Food And Drinks In Casco Viejo
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Soberania National Park, Monkey Island and Indian Village from Panama City
- Panama City Tour And The Canal
- Gatun Lake and Monkey Island Sightseeing Cruise from Panama City
- Panama Canal Dining Experience: Lunch at International Miraflores Restaurant
- Portobelo by Rail and Gatun Locks Full-Day Tour from Panama City
- Fishing at the Panama Canal