Your 3.5-hour tour starts in the quintessentially Mexican Pitillal community (pronounced pee-tee-yall). You will visit eight authentic tasting locations and receive a behind-the-scenes look at the Pitillal neighborhood, with visits to important landmarks.
Your informative and professional guide will share his knowledge of the local customs, eclectic folklore and authentic Mexican specialty stores. As you visit each location, you will uncover the life in a typical Mexican town. You'll experience what it is to be a local as you walk down the streets of this unique neighborhood.
You will be provided with full portion samples which are enough for lunch. Some of the stops include:
- Tacos Neto: Neto's famous recipe for mouth watering carnitas.
- Mariscos Pichi: a fresh-from-the-bay seafood tostada from one of Pitillal's oldest restaurants.
- Birria Robles: a local dish, Robles is famous for their delicious slow cooked meat.
- La Tianita: This tamal making family turned restaurateurs, churns out the best tamales in the bay!
- Paleteria: the oldest popsicle shop in town, each one still made by hand!
- Churros: a traditional Mexican favorite! Churros, similiar to a donut, are made fresh right in front of your eyes.
- Ernestos fruit stand: Ernesto mixes up the best selection of local fruit complete with home made seasonings.
- No Name Taco Stand: no tour is complete without a local taco stand. No Name serves up delicious carne asada!
After this tour, you will leave with a new-found appreciation for Mexican cuisine and culture.