Taste Of Pitillal Food Tour - Puerto Vallarta
OverviewDiscover Puerto Vallarta's hidden culinary gem, the authentic neighboring town of Pitillal, a working class neighborhood with delightful shops, restaurants and stands. This is a is a small group, 3.5-hour food tasting and cultural walking tour exploring the charming Pitillal neighborhood. Explore Mexico’s sophisticated flavors and vast spectrum of regional cooking styles in a town untouched by tourism. Go beyond the language and cultural barriers and join us on a behind-the-scenes tour into the heart of Vallarta’s most undiscovered food destination. We'll stop at 8 carefully-chosen Pitillal eateries where you will taste delicious food (included) and experience life as a local! This tour is limited to 10 people, ensuring personal attention from your expert "foodie" guide.
Know More about this tourYour 3.5-hour tour starts in the quintessentially Mexican Pitillal community (pronounced pee-tee-yall). You will visit eight authentic tasting locations and receive a behind-the-scenes look at the Pitillal neighborhood, with visits to important landmarks.
Your informative and professional guide will share his knowledge of the local customs, eclectic folklore and authentic Mexican specialty stores. As you visit each location, you will uncover the life in a typical Mexican town. You'll experience what it is to be a local as you walk down the streets of this unique neighborhood.
You will be provided with full portion samples which are enough for lunch. Some of the stops include:
- Tacos Neto: Neto's famous recipe for mouth watering carnitas.
- Mariscos Pichi: a fresh-from-the-bay seafood tostada from one of Pitillal's oldest restaurants.
- Birria Robles: a local dish, Robles is famous for their delicious slow cooked meat.
- La Tianita: This tamal making family turned restaurateurs, churns out the best tamales in the bay!
- Paleteria: the oldest popsicle shop in town, each one still made by hand!
- Churros: a traditional Mexican favorite! Churros, similiar to a donut, are made fresh right in front of your eyes.
- Ernestos fruit stand: Ernesto mixes up the best selection of local fruit complete with home made seasonings.
- No Name Taco Stand: no tour is complete without a local taco stand. No Name serves up delicious carne asada!
After this tour, you will leave with a new-found appreciation for Mexican cuisine and culture.
Inclusions for Taste Of Pitillal Food Tour
- Guided walking tour
- Tastings at 8 different locations
Exclusions for Taste Of Pitillal Food Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Moderate amount of walking is involved. Not wheelchair accessible
There are enough food tastings that, for most people, lunch afterwards is not needed
Please advise any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking by filling out the 'Special Requirements' box
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.