From USD 53.1
OverviewExperience Chicago on a walking and food tour of the central business district. Visits to legendary sites such as Palmer House Hotel, Marshall Fields Building, and Millennium Park are punctuated by stops in local food joints for samples of Chicagos favorite bites. Your expert guide shares the history of Chicagos most iconic buildings and foods as you walk around the Windy Citys legendary downtown Loop.
- All necessary equipment included
- All-inclusive tour
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourFollow your knowledgeable guide through downtown Chicago and visit a number of stunning indoor spaces including the historic Palmer House Hotel, the Walnut Room and Macy’s. Your guide also takes you to various spots for samples of some of Chicago’s favorite foods such as pizza, hot dogs, brownies, and beer from a local brewery.
Architectural highlights include Millennium Park, a modern town square with a collection of art, architecture, and gardens that provide a stunning backdrop for hundreds of cultural events. Nearby, walk along the Chicago River, a system of waterways that links to the Great Lakes, the Mississippi River and the Gulf of Mexico. It's a key reason that Chicago became a powerhouse city,
facilitating trade in the Midwest and beyond. If you visit in March, don't be alarmed if the water appears radioactive green — it's actually a St Patrick's Day tradition to add (non-toxic) dye to the river for the festivities.
Step inside the gorgeous and historic Palmer Hotel, host to many luminaries since it opened in 1875. Presidential candidates Grover Cleveland and Ulysses S. Grant stayed in the luxurious hotel, as did writers Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde and L. Frank Baum. Your guide shows you ornate interiors and shares the colorful history of this hotel. Then see the iconic Marshall Field’s Building, with its beautiful atrium, mosaic ceiling designed by Tiffany & Co, and famous outdoor clocks.
During colder months, your guide leads you on a route through the Chicago Pedway system, a network of tunnels, ground-level concourses and bridges that connects sites throughout Chicago’s central business district, keeping you comfortably warm. During warmer times of the year, walk along the large scenic promenades of the Loop.
Expect to walk at a leisurely pace for 1.5 miles during the 3-hour tour, suitable for most fitness levels, with plenty of stops for tastings and photo ops. All tastings and beverages are included.
Inclusions for Tastes Of Chicago Walking Tour: Chicago-Style Pizza, Beer, Brownies And Italian Beef
- Food tasting
- Brewery samples
- Local guide
Exclusions for Tastes Of Chicago Walking Tour: Chicago-Style Pizza, Beer, Brownies And Italian Beef
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.