Tastes Of Chicago Walking Tour: Chicago-Style Pizza, Beer, Brownies And Italian Beef
OverviewExperience Chicago on a walking and food tour of the central business district. Visits to legendary sites such as Palmer House Hotel, Marshall Fields Building, and Millennium Park are punctuated by stops in local food joints for samples of Chicagos favorite bites. Your expert guide shares the history of Chicagos most iconic buildings and foods as you walk around the Windy Citys legendary downtown Loop.
- All necessary equipment included
- All-inclusive tour
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at 11:30 am at the world-famous Giordano's Pizzeria,where you will taste Chicago's unique and delectable stuffedpizza. From there, walk south to iconicMillennium Park, a modern town square with a collection of art, architecture, and gardens that provide a stunning backdrop for hundreds of cultural events. Highlights within include the Cloud Gate (aka The Bean), Pritzker Pavilion, and Crown Fountain. Your guide will share the fascinating stories behind these attractions. Next, kick back with a refreshing local craft beer at The Park Grilland discover what makes Chicago's brewing scene so special.
Then, stroll down elegant Michigan Avenue and pass the renowned Art Institute before walking down the start of Route 66 to Max's Take Out, a quintessential Chicago hot dog stand that has stood the test of time. Inside, taste what makes Chicago's unique hot dog so special! Then, stroll up State Street ("That Great Street") to the gorgeous and historic Palmer Hotel, host to many luminaries since it opened in 1875. Presidential candidates Grover Cleveland and Ulysses S. Grant stayed in the luxurious hotel, as did writers Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde and L. Frank Baum. Your guide shows you ornate interiors and shares the colorful history of this hotel, including the invention of the brownie, which you will get to taste!
Finish off the tour with another refreshing craft beer at a venerable local pub with an incredible history of its own. By the end of the tour, your head will be full of knowledge and your stomach will be full of tasty food!
Also, during colder months, your guide will make use ofthe Chicago Pedway system, a network of tunnels, ground-level concourses and bridges that connects sites throughout Chicagos central business district, to keep youascozy as possible. During warmer times of the year, walk along the large scenic promenades of the Loop.
Expect to walk at a leisurely pace for 1.5 miles during the 2.5-hour tour, suitable for most fitness levels, with plenty of stops for tastings and photo ops. All tastings and beverages are included. Please give advance notice of any dietary restrictions.
Inclusions for Tastes Of Chicago Walking Tour: Chicago-Style Pizza, Beer, Brownies And Italian Beef
- Food tasting
- Brewery samples
- Local guide
Exclusions for Tastes Of Chicago Walking Tour: Chicago-Style Pizza, Beer, Brownies And Italian Beef
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuity for guide (15-20% suggested)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.