Tastes Of Old Town Jerusalem Small-Group Walking Tour Including Traditional Breakfast
OverviewThis Jerusalem tour serves up a little bit of everything, and all of it is far off the tourist trail! See the Old City with new eyes as you explore the Jewish, Christian, Muslim, and Armenian quarters that define Jerusalem today with plenty of food stops along the way.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- Breakfast included
Know More about this tourThe Old City of Jerusalem is chock-full of surprises! With four different quarters assigned to the Jews, Christians, Muslims, and Armenians, the city is a mix of cultures and traditions from all around the world.
No tourist comes to Jerusalem without going to the Old City at least once. For many who have extra time, they go over and over again, but many dont venture through the alleyways that lead to the various communities that make the Old City what it is today. Thats what were going to do on this tour!
Your Jerusalem tour will go through all four quarters, exploring local life. Well learn about their cultures and traditions, and try a mix of sweet and savoury delights inspired by the different cultures.
In the Muslim Quarter, well visit the Small Western Wall, where you can pray privately without the crowds of the larger and more famous Western Wall. Well also visit a Saaleek coffee shop for a nice breakfast of hummus, kaek and tea. (Saaleek were basically tramps who wandered from city to city, and were mostly poets and authors.) From there, well head to the market and try a traditional Arabic dessert, washed down, of course, with strong Arabic coffee.
Next up, our Jerusalem tour will lead us to the Christian Quarter, going through the Coptic community and down to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where youll get a glimpse of the various protocols governing the Church by the different Christian sects.
In the Jewish Quarter, well walk through archways, passing through residential areas housing Christian Assyrians and Armenians. If were lucky on a Monday or Thursday, we might even witness a Bar/Bat Mitzvah and visit the Four Sephardic Synagogues.
And just when you thought you wont be able to eat any more, well head to the Armenian Quarter and sit in a restaurant for a well-deserved rest, and dig into authentic Armenian pizza, called lahmajoun.
Lastly, with a trip through the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate, our tour will end at the New Gate.
Inclusions for Tastes Of Old Town Jerusalem Small-Group Walking Tour Including Traditional Breakfast
- Local English-speaking guide
- Tea and some snacks
Exclusions for Tastes Of Old Town Jerusalem Small-Group Walking Tour Including Traditional Breakfast
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
Modest dress is required. For men, that means short sleeves and shorts below the knee. For women, short sleeves and dresses/skirts/shorts below the knee. Please also wear good walking shoes
There is a lot of walking on this tour, so be well prepared with proper shoes, water, sunscreen, hats, etc. When its raining, some areas in the Old City can be slippery, so caution while walking is required
If certain areas are closed for any reason (holiday, strike, etc.), your guide will find a substitute site to visit instead.
Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.