Tate House Museum Admission And Tour - Portland
OverviewVisit the historic Tate House Museum in Portland, Maine and experience a true taste of the area's rich history. Tours of the home and grounds are offered hourly and led by a local guide.
- Family friendly
- Excellent value for money
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
Know More about this tourThe historic Tate House was constructed for Captain George Tate and his family in 1755. The Tate family had arrived in the Colonies around 1750, while Tate served as the Senior Mast Agent for the British Royal Navy, overseeing the cutting and shipping of white pines from Maine to England.
This position assured Tate's success, and his status in the community is reflected by the style of architecture he selected for his home. With its clapboards still unpainted, Tate House is one of two residences in Maine with an unusualsubsumed dormerin the gambrel roof. As the only pre-Revolutionary home in Greater Portland that is open to the public, the impressive period furnishings, beautiful grounds, herb gardens, and unique architecture of the Tate House offer an insightful glimpse at the 18th century and life in Colonial Maine.
Hourly tours are led by experienced docents who will lead the way through one of the true gems of Maine's colonial history.
Inclusions for Tate House Museum Admission And Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Tate House Museum Admission And Tour
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.