Tauranga Shore Excursion: Guided Walk Of Mount MaunganuiWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy listening to facts and stories about the area as you are guided to the summit of Mount Maunganui.
Be captivated by the views of off shore Islands, the township and the stunning Main Beach, which has been named one of New Zealand's best beaches! You can expect to see various types of sea birds, perhaps seals and dolphin and occasionally the odd Orca Whale
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDisembark from your ship and continue through the I-port and exit gates to find your guide waiting for you in a blue shirt, holding a sign with your name on it. After meeting your friendly guide, your journey will begin!
Your guide will share interesting stories and facts about the Bay of Plenty’s past and present, including how the Mount got its name!
You will gradually climb 232m (761.2 feet) to the top of Mount Maunganui, stopping occasionally to listen to stories and facts about the history of the region as you are guided to the summit. Allow the expansive views to take your breath away throughout the journey. It is even possible to see the steam venting off the marine volcano "White Island" and the views of other shore Islands such as The Mayor Island or Tuhua as the Maori know it as, on certain days.
The stunning Main Beach was named one of New Zealand’s best beaches! See it stretch on for miles. You can also expect to see various types of wildlife such as sea birds, rabbits, sheep, and perhaps seals and dolphin. If you are lucky, you may even see a whale!
Inclusions for Tauranga Shore Excursion: Guided Walk Of Mount Maunganui
- Local professional guide with in depth historical information of the region
- Bottled water
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Exclusions for Tauranga Shore Excursion: Guided Walk Of Mount Maunganui
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Infants are the sole responsibility of the parent
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately including good walking shoes, a hat, sunblock and a light wind jacket
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.