Tauranga Shore Excursion: Hobbiton Lord Of The Rings Movie Set And Rotorua Geothermal Geyser Combo Tour
OverviewWe pick you up just a short walk from your ship at the end of the wharf, and board one of our modern 2016/17 small group minivan/bus vehicles,which allows us to move about more flexibly and efficiently. This is a pre-booked tour only. Experience geysers, mud pools and steam vents with Maori culture. Not to forget the infamous Haka War dance. This is performed by one of Rotorua's leading Maori cultural performance groups. Encounter a strange landscape of sights, sounds and smells. Marvel at the way the Maori's have tamed this land for their own purpose before traveling to the second venue of the tour.Experience the magic of Hobbiton!See Sir Peter Jacksons iconic rollinghills and lush green pastures of Hobbiton. You will have an official guide to guide you around the Hobbit holes including Bilbo's and Frodos home after which you can enjoy a drink in the green dragon (either alcoholic beer or non-alcoholic ginger beer id req!) included in your tour.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourPick up time is flexible (dependent on your cruise ship arrival and departure time). This Is a pre-booked tour only.
Enter a strange and unusual landscape with the aroma of sulphur and sights of steam vents exiting the earth at every available crevice. You will visit Rotorua and its Whakarewarewa Valley. Here you can witness The prince of wales Feathers geyser and The Pohutu Geyser (the biggest Geyser in the southern hemisphere). This valley is steeped in history, traditions and cultures that span hundreds of years the people of this village have lived surrounded by geothermal activity(geysers, steam vents and mud pools)which they utilize in their everyday life for cooking, bathing and heating.Experience one of Rotorua's leading maori cultural performance groups as they serenade you with a song and dance including the world famous Haka. For centuries Whakarewarewa village has been home to the Tuhourangi Ngati Wahiao people. As New Zealand's original tourist attraction, They have hosted visitors from around the world since the mid 1800's.
Then after which we travel to another strange andpeculiar land!.
"Hobbiton Movie Set" is an experience to tantalize the senses of visitors from all across the globe,as guests find themselves engulfed in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of The Shire, at thehome of the Hobbits, as featured inThe Lord of the RingsandThe HobbitTrilogies.The extraordinary following that the movies have amassed has led to the tours becoming a must see while travellers are inNew Zealand.The Hobbiton Movie Set is the only set that remains intact from the trilogies, and that allows you tofully immerse yourselves in the wonders of "The Shire".Learn all about how this location was chosen as the Hobbiton Movie Set (which is a great story in itself!) and how it was created plus which scenes were filmed here.You will have an official guide to show you around theHobbit holesincludingBilbo's and Frodo's home. Learn about the moviesecrets and the attention to detail that is truly mind-boggling. Your guide will tell you how in Tolkien's books, there is a reference to Hobbits sitting under plum treesand how in New Zealand plum trees grow too big to be the right scale for a hobbit so Peter Jackson had apple and pear trees, stripped of their fruit and replaced them with fake plums.As for the oak tree on the hill? Also fake, with 376,000 artificial leaves imported from Taiwan and wired onto the tree. At the end of the tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set there will be a complimentary drink waiting for you to enjoy in the Green Dragon Inn (Alcohol and non-alcohol available) included.
A truly one off day of experience and discovery.
Inclusions for Tauranga Shore Excursion: Hobbiton Lord Of The Rings Movie Set And Rotorua Geothermal Geyser Combo Tour
- Transport in 2016/17 vehicle (small group mini bus/van)
- Entrance fees to the attractions
- Official Guided tours at both Rotorua & Hobbiton
- Cultural Show at Rotorua
- Bottled water
- Snacks (new Zealand Treats)
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Tauranga Shore Excursion: Hobbiton Lord Of The Rings Movie Set And Rotorua Geothermal Geyser Combo Tour
- Lunch is not included
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This Is a Pre Booked Tour only!
No sales on the day of the tour!
Ensuring a quick departure for you!
All vehicles are modern manufactured 2016/17 vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
Pick up time will be sent to you after booking confirmation, dependent on arrival time and departure time of your ship.
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shore Excursion: Skyline Rotorua from Tauranga
- Shore Excursion: Rotorua Sightseeing Tour from Tauranga
- Kaituna Forest Canyon River Jet, Rotorua & Hellsgate-Tauranga Shore Excursion
- Rotorua Highlights Tour - Tauranga Shore Excursion
- Rotorua Highlights with Te Puia - Tauranga Shore Excursion
- Rotorua Highlights w Whakarewarewa Maori Village - Tauranga Shore Excursion
- Rotorua Highlights w Hellsgate - Tauranga Shore Excursion
- Kaituna Forest Canyon River Jet Boat & Tauranga Tour - Tauranga Shore Excursion