Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Highlights Including Whakarewarewa
OverviewImmerse yourself in the highlights of the geothermal capital of the world - Rotorua. Come with on a small group, friendly tour to see Pohutu Geyser, pools of bubbling mud, a Maori concert including the haka, artisans at work with greenstone, flax and wood plus the stunning Government Gardens, Rachel's Pool, Rotorua Lakefront and a whole lot more. Indulge your tastebuds with a kiwifruit tasting as well as enjoying beautiful scenery, tranquil lakes and forested gorges. You can look forward to a wonderful day out and see for yourself why Rotorua is one of New Zealand's top destinations.
- Fully narrated tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourWhen your cruise ship docks in Tauranga, meet your guide at 10am and head inland through the scenic countryside to Rotorua to begin your 6-hour tour. Along the way, pass dense forests and deep gorges, and listen as your guide talks of the Maori settlers who first carved the route.
On arrival in Rotorua, explore with your guide and discover top attractions including Government Gardens, Rotorua Museum, and the thermal bath houses. Head along the lakefront for lunch at a local cafe (own expense), then enjoy free time to stroll along the shoreline to St. Faiths Church or the Ohinemutu Maori Village at your leisure.
Afterward, hop into your minivan and spin onward through the geothermal Whakarewarewa Valley to The Living Maori Village. Here, meet your Maori guide for a 1-hour tour and gain insight into life in a Maori tribe.
Catch a traditional cultural performance including the fearsome 'Haka', then head onward through the Whakarewarewa Valley where hot geysers, boiling mud pools, and steam vents dominate the geothermal landscape.
Follow the coastal route back to Tauranga and admire panoramic views over Lake Rotorua, Lake Rotoiti, and the plantation forests and kiwi fruit orchards for which the Bay of Plenty is famous. Then, return to your ship in time for departure.
Inclusions for Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Highlights Including Whakarewarewa
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Rotorua walking tour
- Entry to the Whakarewarewa Living Maori Village
Exclusions for Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Highlights Including Whakarewarewa
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees (unless specified)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour requires some walking on well-made paths, gentle inclines and some steps
This tour is not suitable for users of mobility scooters (unless very small and collapsible) or electric wheelchairs. Folding manual wheelchairs can be accommodated, but passengers must be able to enter a coach or minibus using the standard steps.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shore Excursion: Rotorua Including Te Puia and Agrodome from Tauranga
- Tauranga Self-Guided Audio Tour
- Full-Day Rotorua Shore Excursion Including Te Puia and Hells Gate Thermal Beds
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Te Puia Maori Cultural Centre and Rotorua City Sightseeing
- Tauranga Shore Excursion: Lord of the Rings Hobbiton Movie Set Tour Including Rotorua Sightseeing