Teas, Temples And Beatniks - Best North Beach Tours In San FranciscoWrite a Review
On this North Beach Tours in San Francisco, discover the hidden gems of Chinatown and the Beatniks of North Beach. Make your own fortune cookie while listening to traditional music on a Chinese two-stringed instrument called the erhu. Sample authentic, traditional Chinese pastries. Learn about the powers of traditional Chinese tea during a tea tasting with a tea master. Explore San Francisco’s oldest temple and have your fortune read.
- Visit the Chinatown and the Beatniks of North Beach through this tours in San Francisco.
- Listen to traditional music on a Chinese two-stringed instrument called the erhu.
- Sample authentic, traditional Chinese pastries.
- Tea tasting session during this North Beach Tour.
- Explore San Francisco’s oldest temple and have your fortune read.
Know More about this tour
San francisco is famous for its colorful neighborhoods and interesting residents, and here’s your chance to experience first-hand two of its best neighborhoods. Immerse yourself in the cultural and aesthetic contrasts between one of the largest and oldest Chinese communities outside of Asia, and the European charm of the Beatniks birthplace, North Beach. On this San Francisco tour we’ll explore both Chinatown and North Beach, where the exotic East borders the birthplace of the Beat Generation culture. Spend a few hours with your local guide discovering places you never knew existed, whether down unassuming alleys or in plain sight! Starting at the beautiful Chinatown Gate, your local guide will lead you through the bustling streets of this vibrant area.
Learn about the history of this Chinese community during San Francisco's gold rush, as well as America's train building boom. Stop in at one of Chinatown’s oldest bakeries for an authentic mooncake pastry - the traditional Chinese delicacies served here are so good even former President Bill Clinton has stopped in to try one! From here, we’ll make our way over to Waverly Place to visit the acclaimed oldest Chinese temple in America, where you’ll have your fortune read as the smell of incense fills the air in this picturesque historic temple. Moving on, weave your way between performing street artists to taste fortune cookies hot off the press (and see if this fortune matches the one from the temple!).
We’ll then wash down all these sweet treats with an in-depth tea tasting session where you will learn about the different types and flavors of traditional Chinese tea. Next, it’s on to North Beach to see the famous hangouts of Beat poets Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsburg, like the City Lights Bookstore, which still publishes the works of local poets in San Francisco. Get a feel for North Beach and the vibe of Little Italy as you wind your way through the cute shops and cafes of the Barbary Coast. We’ll finish up our San Francisco walking tour at the gorgeous Washington Square Park, adjacent to excellent Italian restaurants, Coit Tower, and within easy access to public transport. It’s only been a few hours, but you’ll see – this San Fran tour is jam-packed with the hidden gems of two of San Francisco's most famous neighborhoods…it’s amazing what you can see when you've got a local to show you!
Note: Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
Inclusions for Teas, Temples And Beatniks - Best North Beach Tours In San Francisco
- Local English speaking guide
- Chinese dessert samples
- Tea tasting
Exclusions for Teas, Temples And Beatniks - Best North Beach Tours In San Francisco
- Additional food and drinks
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips / gratuities for your guide
- If you cancel between 0 hrs To 48 hrs before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 2 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.