Teas Temples And Beatniks Tour Including Chinese Tea And Dessert Tastings - San Francisco
OverviewCome explore where east meets west, fortunes are told with more sincerity than your average cookie, and the legends of masters live on. Between the Beatniks of North Beach and San Francisco’s iconic Chinatown, we’ll give you a taste of teas, temples, and culture, all with a local flare.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free snacks included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide and small group, limited to 12 participants, at Chinatown Gate. You'll venture on foot through two vibrant neighborhoods and discover tucked-away spots down unassuming alleys.Immerse yourself in the cultural and aesthetic contrasts between one of the largest and oldest Chinese communities outside of Asia and the European charm of North Beach, birthplace ofthe BeatGeneration.
Follow your guidethrough the bustling streets and learnabout the history of this Chinese community during San Francisco's Gold Rush, as well as America's railway-building boom. Visitone of Chinatowns oldest bakeries for an authentic mooncake pastry; they're so good evenformer President Bill Clinton stopped here for a bite of thesetraditional delicacies.
From here, proceedto Waverly Place andhave your fortune read at the oldest Chinese temple in the US. Then weave your way between performing street artists to taste fortune cookies hot off the press, followed by anin-depth tea tasting session where you will learn about the different types and flavors of traditional Chinese tea.
Next, its on to North Beach to see the famous hangouts of Beat poets Jack Kerouac and Allen Ginsburg, includingCity Lights Bookstore, which still publishes the works of local poets. Get a feel for North Beach (the city'sLittle Italy) as you stroll pastcafes of the Barbary Coast and look up at Coit Tower.
Your tour concludesatWashington Square Park, a well-appointed location that's adjacent toItalian restaurants, all within easy access to public transportation.
Inclusions for Teas Temples And Beatniks Tour Including Chinese Tea And Dessert Tastings
- Local guide
- Chinese dessert samples
- Tea tasting
Exclusions for Teas Temples And Beatniks Tour Including Chinese Tea And Dessert Tastings
- Additional food and drinks
- Gratuities for your guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Small group tour of a maximum of 12 people
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Outlet Shopping and Napa Winery Day Trip from San Francisco
- San Francisco Urban Hike: Coit Tower, Lombard Street and North Beach
- Coastal Redwoods Tour with 1-Hour Golden Gate Bay Cruise from San Francisco
- Wine Experience Day Trip to Napa and Sonoma by Luxury Motorcoach
- City and Sea Adventure: San Francisco Bay Cruise Including Hop-On Hop Off Tour
- Bridge Bay and Headlands Hike