Teide Observatory Entrance - Tenerife
OverviewOur guided visit will allow you to get to know the Observatory, and the daily activity of the researchers who work there, in an enjoyable way. Along with Chile and Hawaii, the Canary Islands are one of the three best spots in the world to observe the sky.The Teide Observatory is the largest solar observatory in the world, and it is equipped with many solar and nocturnal telescopes owned by different European countries.
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tour
Our guided visit will allow you to get to know the Observatory, and the daily activity of the researchers who work there, in an enjoyable way.
Along with Chile and Hawaii, the Canary Islands are one of the three best spots in the world to observe the sky.The Teide Observatory is the largest solar observatory in the world, and it is equipped with many solar and nocturnal telescopes owned by different European countries.
If you would like to make your own way to the Izaa Observatory for your guided visit, you must arrive at least 20 minutes before the tour is scheduled to start. There are visits on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 12.00 in Spanish and English simultaneously and at 2.30pm in Spanish and German simultaneously. On Sundays, there are visits in Spanish at 11.00am.
Inclusions for Teide Observatory Entrance
- Guided visit of the Observatory
- A guide
Exclusions for Teide Observatory Entrance
- Food and beverages
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Purchase of this service, or filling out the reservation form in the case of students in the province of Tenerife, implies that you have read and accepted all the points described in this section.
.The arranged visits will only be carried out when the weather and the operating status of the telescopes permit.
Due to adverse weather conditions, especially during winter, which may affect the safety of the roads leading to the Observatory (snow, ice, falling rocks) visits may be unexpectedly cancelled.
The TO is located at an altitude of approximately 2,400 meters above sea level, an altitude at which oxygen diminishes. Groups will move about within the TO on gravel paths. For this reason, the visit is not recommended for people with general physical problems (anaemia, cardio-pathologies, respiratory problems, etc.). If you are not sure if you should visit, consult your doctor.
The TO is not responsible for any health problems that can be caused by the altitude or by not following these recommendations and warnings.
The TO does not have medical assistance within its facilities. Keep in mind that the closest hospital is approximately one and a half hours away by car.
If you show symptoms of dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath, ringing in your ears, plugged ears or headache during your visit, please let your guide know immediately.
Be careful to protect yourself from the sun. Its recommended that you use hats, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Due to the low levels of humidity that are common in the TO, come prepared with sufficient liquid (water or juices) to prevent dehydration.
Bring comfortable clothes and adequate footwear (avoid sandals).
Bring some warm clothes in case the weather changes abruptly and to enter the interior of the telescopes.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Yoga or Pilates Class in Tenerife
- Introduction to Scuba Diving in Tenerife
- Tenerife 3 Hour Whale and Dolphin Private Luxury Sailing Yacht Charter
- Whale and Dolphin Watching 3 hour Shared Sailing Yacht Charter
- Private Motor Boat Whale Watching Charter in Tenerife
- Tenerife Airport Transfer from South Airport (Reina Sofia) to North Area Hotels
- Departure - South Island Hotels to Tenerife South Airport
- Tenerife Transfer from North Area Hotels to South Airport (Reina Sofia)