Our City of Bengaluru is rich in religious and spiritual cultures, this can be seen in the numerous religious places echoing Kannada art, culture and tradition. Bangalore is also the home of many of India’s spiritual gurus. On this trail we venture into some of the oldest temples in the city that go back to the 9th Century and beyond. Explore with us an experience filled with stories of magic, Gods, mighty kings and the allure of kingdoms and dynasties.
Bangalore or Bengaluru as we call it now hosted the Chola Dynasty in the 10-century, delighted in marvelous architecture of the Vijayanagara style, reveled in the mystery of astronomical significance, monolith rock cut art, fascinating stories of dreams inspiring temples, of magic, of mystery, of Gods who turned to stones and rogue bulls. Well, this is just a few of this rich heritage we bring to you of our city.
This trail introduces you to “Bendakaalooru” our city of Boiled Beans before it became Bangalore and now Bengaluru, come relive the city’s history while you feast on scrumptious breakfast in old quaint joints that have been legendary and significant to the city of Bangalore. On this trail you will experience….
- Soak in the heady aromas of coffee and savour melt in the mouth yummies at the legendary MTR
- Ride through delightful early morning bustle past fragrant streets of fresh flowers and head to the temple of
- Subramanya swamy on food street
- A peek into the legends and stories that hint at the “Trimurthies” (Brahma, Vishnu & Maheshwara) visiting our quaint little “ooru” at the Ragi Gudda Temple
- The makings of Bangalore through the vision of its Chieftain Kempegowda and his stories of the raged bull at the famed Bull Temple
- The know how into how summer and winter solstice was predicted centuries ago at the only cave temple in Bangalore
- Feast on mouthwatering “Sagu dose” “masala dose” and “Rave vade” at the distinguished Vidyarthi bhavan
Distance Cycled: 18 Kms