Temple Of The Sun And Temple Of The Moon Tour From TrujilloWrite a Review
From USD 41
OverviewVisit two of northern Perus most important ancient temples on this tour from Trujillo to the Temple of the Sun (Huaca del Sol) and Temple of the Moon (Huaca de la Luna), which together make up the Huacas de Moche, aka Temples of Moche. With a knowledgeable guide, tour the site, staring in wonder at the size of the large temples and learning about their significance to the ancient Moche people. Youll also see Moche artifacts at the onsite museum. Choose from a group tour or private tour.
Know More about this tourYour tour from Trujillo starts with hotel pickup for the 15-minute drive south of town to the Temple of the Sun and Temple of the Moon, collectively known as the Huacas de Moche.
When you arrive at the site with your guide, youll learn about the Moche civilization that inhabited northern Peru from the 1st to 8th centuries and built the two temples you have come to see. Then enter the site to begin your 2.5-hour tour.
With your guide, enjoy close-up views of both temples and learn about their history and significance. Built out of adobe brick, both temples played important roles in the Moche culture; its believed that the Temple of the Sun, a stepped pyramid, was used for administrative and military purposes, while the terraced Temple of the Moon held a more ceremonial and religious role. Admire the frescoes that adorn the walls of the Temple of the Moon, and marvel at the size of the Temple of the Sun, which is the bigger of the two.
Then end your exploration at the onsite Moche Temples Museum (Museo Huacas de Moche) to see artifacts such as utensils and artistic pottery, which have been excavated from Moche ruins. Your tour ends with return to Trujillo.
Inclusions for Temple Of The Sun And Temple Of The Moon Tour From Trujillo
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Temple Of The Sun And Temple Of The Moon Tour From Trujillo
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.