OverviewVisit the Tequila route and the magical town of Tequila in Jalisco and live the experience of visiting a real old hacienda with more than 150 years old. You'll taste freshly distilled tequilas, witness a "Jima" of agave, visit the old tequilas town area, with optional horse riding and have lunch at the only underground restaurant of tequila with awards.
- Buffet lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYou'll be picked up from your Guadalajara hotel between 9am and 10am and take a 45-minute ride to Amatitn town. You'll arrive at Hacienda San Jose del Refugio, house of the Tequila Herradura. Here, you'll enjoy a guided tour inside the factory and learn about the process of making tequila. You will see an exhibition ofJima by one of the traditional "jimadores" and then visit theovens used for cooking agave as well as the fermentation and distillation area. Then, you'll visit "The Old Factory" museum which, for over 150 years, has been the scene of countless events like the Cristero war.
From there, you'll take a 15-minute ride to the magical town of Tequila and, upon arrival, take the trolley bustour to visit the most representative places in town. You'll visit an old hacienda and have a liquor of agave and tequilatasting including 6 tequila tastings. If you book the optional tour with a horse ride, you'll go from Tequila downtown to the restaurant through agavelandfields. (60 to 90-minute ride)
You'll have lunchin aunderground restaurant with the treasures of Mexico award. A buffet lunch is includedon the weekends, enjoy more tequila tastings and then board the van back to Guadalajara and enjoy beer,bottled water, sodas and chips. You'll arrive around 5pm and be dropped-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Tequila Day Experience Including Hacienda San Jose Del Refugio
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Buffet lunch (weekends), (on weekday we have one Pre-chosen dish) with flavor water
- Trolley tour in tequila (if you have horse ride you will not have trolley tour)
- Entrance fees
- Tequila tasting
- On the van: cold beer and sodas, bottled water, chips
- Horseback ride (only if option selected)
Exclusions for Tequila Day Experience Including Hacienda San Jose Del Refugio
- Alcoholic drinks in restaurant (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
It is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen and cash in pesos for souvenirs
Minimum age to drink alcohol is 18 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.