OverviewLearn about the horrors of World War IIs Holocaust on this day trip to the former Nazi concentration camp of Terezin from Prague by rail. With a professional guide, travel along the same rail line used during the water to transport Jewish people to the fortress-turned-camp, and explore the barracks, grounds and buildings of the Main Fortress complex. Learn about life here at the museum, discover how the Nazis duped visiting Red Cross monitors, and walk around the deeply poignant Jewish cemetery, crematorium and columbarium.
- All entrance fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Fully narrated tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in central Prague at Masarykovo nádraží station for Bohušovice nad Ohří, just north of the city. As you travel, learn about Terezin’s past as a 18th-century fortress, and how, in WWII, its walled garrisons were converted into a Nazi concentration camp. Hear how the rail line your train is following is the very same one used during the war to transport Jewish people to the complex.
Disembark at Bohušovice and see the disused sidings from where many prisoners were taken on to Terezin. Then, board a cab or bus for a short drive to the camp entrance.
Your tour focuses on Terezin’s Main Fortress, the part of the camp that became a ghetto for Jewish people from across Europe. Walk through the gate emblazoned with arbeit macht frei or ‘work sets you free,’ and take a guided tour around the grounds and buildings that mark the horrors that took place here.
Hear how an estimated 35,000 people perished in Terezin, and learn about the conditions endured by those incarcerated here. See the barracks, prison cells and Jewish prayer room, and view the former SS camp headquarters and guards station.
As you walk, listen to the story of how Terezin was presented to International Red Cross monitors as a vibrant Jewish community, with leisure facilities, shops and theater and music shows. Learn about this cruel farce and how, despite unspeakable suffering, many Jews managed to keep hope alive.
Explore the museum that tells some of the prisoners’ stories and displays drawings made by some of the children. Watch a Nazi propaganda film about the camp, and walk around the moving Jewish cemetery, crematorium and columbarium. While visits here can be distressing, your guide will provide sensitive commentary throughout.
Afterward, travel back to Bohušovice for your return train to Prague, where your day trip ends at the train station.
Inclusions for Terezin Concentration Camp Day Trip From Prague By Train
- Local guide
- Round-trip transport by train and cab/bus
- Entrance fees to Terezin Main Fortress and museum
Exclusions for Terezin Concentration Camp Day Trip From Prague By Train
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.