The Anne Frank Story And Neighborhood Walking Tour In Amsterdam Including Jewish Cultural Quarter
OverviewWalk in the footsteps of Anne Frank on this 1,5-hour small group tour of the area where Anne Frank spent her childhood from the moment she moved to Amsterdam until she went into hiding. Hear the story about her diary and how it became published. Furthermore, discover more about Anne Frank her belief, Judaism, with Jewish culture and history. This all in the heart of Amsterdam.Highlights:Small group tour with maximum 12 people for a more personalized experienceVisit the area where Anne Frank lived her childhood in AmsterdamListen to the story about her world-famous diaryDiscover the south of Amsterdam with an expert guideVisit all the mentioned buildings in the Jewish Quarter with one ticketInformative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
The story of Anne Frank is known around the world because of her diary describing the period that she, her family, and 4 others spent in a secret and hidden annex hiding from Amsterdams German occupiers.
Because of many movies, theatre plays and books, the part of her life in hiding is very well known. Less known is her life as a young kid that moved from Germany to Amsterdam. Her father feared Nazi Germany and took his family to Amsterdam, where he hoped they would be safe from Hitler. They arrived in 1934 and settled in a house on the square Merwedeplein. Anne Frank spent happy moments at this square and its surroundings.
During this walking tour we take you back to the places that were important to Anne Frank in her childhood. We show you where she went to school and the shop where she bought her famous diary. Explore the area where she played outside and discover the house where Miep Gies lived for many years. Miep Gies is the woman that handed the diary over to Otto Frank after the war. She had saved a number of the familys personal belongings after the Germans raided the house.
Otto Frank was reluctant to publish the diary, but when he read in the diary that it was his daughters wish to publish it, he allowed to publish the diary in June 1947.
The tour takes place in the south of Amsterdam, where you will have the opportunity to become acquainted with an area of the city that you would otherwise not see as a tourist. This area was constructed in the 1920-30ties and was based on revolutionary ideas of city planning, architecture and social housing.
After the walking tour, the guide will give you a ticket for the Jewish Cultural Quarter, which is the heart of Jewish culture and history in Amsterdam. You can discover the beautiful synagogues, impressive buildings and memorials grace the streets of Amsterdams old Jewish Quarter. The heart of the neighbourhood is an area of less than one square kilometre. Here you will find the Jewish Cultural Quarter including the Jewish Historical Museum with the engaging Childrens Museum, the stately Portuguese Synagogue, the moving National Holocaust Memorial and the National Holocaust Museum.
Inclusions for The Anne Frank Story And Neighborhood Walking Tour In Amsterdam Including Jewish Cultural Quarter
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Walking tour
- Small group tour
- Ticket for Jewish Cultural Quarter (without guide)
- Map with highlights and walking routes in the Jewish Quarter
Exclusions for The Anne Frank Story And Neighborhood Walking Tour In Amsterdam Including Jewish Cultural Quarter
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Ticket for the Anne Frank House
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Entrance tickets for the Anne Frank House are not included. This tour does not grant you access or allow you to enter the Anne Frank House, but shows the area where she grew up.
The ticket for the Jewish Cultural Quarter is valid for 1 month.
The ticket for the Jewish Cultural Quarter is valid for the Jewish Historical Museum, Childrens Museum, the Portuguese Synagogue and the National Holocaust Museum.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Windmills & Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields Tour from Amsterdam
- Private Windmills & Keukenhof Gardens and Tulip Fields Tour from Amsterdam
- Dutch Countryside Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour from Amsterdam and Zaanse Schans cruise
- Combi ticket: city centre walking tour & canal cruise
- The Mystery of A Secret Sender
- Texel bike tour
- Roundtrip Transfer Schiphol Airport - Amsterdam
- Skip the Line: Van Gogh Museum with Amsterdam Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour