The Ann van Dyk Cheetah Centre is a magical place where conservation and education is their motto. It was established in 1971, as a cheetah conservation project and is a short 1 hour scenic drive through the Magaliesburg mountains. Highlights you can look forward to seeing, are the beautiful markings and patterns of the cheetah and wild dog up close. You may even be lucky to get a photo with one of the cheetah.The centre also serves as a platform to educate the public not only on cheetah and wild dog conservation but also on the treatment and respect of domestic animals. Through their NPO ( non-profit organisation) ,CHEETA, people are taught to use domestic animals such as Anatolian dogs to protect livestock from predators and predators from harm.The centres outreach is far and wide and their passion for wildlife and conservation is immeasurable. A visit to this centre will leave you feeling enriched and inspired.Note: please wear comfortable shoes a hat and sunscreen. All tours are 3-hours except for the family tour which is 2 hours. Children under six will need to take part in the 2-hour family tour.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 5 Hrs
Departure Details :
Centrally located Johannesburg hotels
OverviewThe Anne Van Dyk Cheetah Centre is a magical educational oasis in the heart of Hartebeespoort area. You can examine Cheetahs up close and study some of the more endangered species like the African Painted Wolf or Wild Dog. An uplifting experience.
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.